When I got to this B&B and went inside, I was shocked. Actually, I didn't even need to go inside. The doorknob on the front door didn't even work. It was just hanging in the hole. To lock the door, you have to juggle the door so the deadbolt will fit into its slot. Upon entering, you're greeted with a hallway full of crap. Some reviews found it charming. I found it scary. Right at the entrance is a side table with board games. The boxes looked like they'd been chewed bare by rats.
The room I had reserved wasn't available, even though I'd e-mailed requesting a particular room, got the confirmation for a different room, e-mailed back and received a confirmation for that room. Instead, he was going to put us in a tiny room. He did give us a better room in the end. "Better" being a relative term.
The room itself wasn't too bad compared to the rest of the house. The place was just filthy, full of things like stuffed animal heads with years of dirt and dust on them. Our room was slightly cleaner. The electrical outlets didn't have covers on them. The bathroom was clean, but the wallpaper was falling off the walls. In the morning, we woke up to our bed shaking. We never figured out why, but it didn't help our confidence in the stability of the place. It's the quintessential fire trap. Very scary.
It was supposed to have wifi, but I was never able to access it. I think they actually had it turned off most of the time. As for the location, it seemed to be in a seedy area. We walked down some side streets, and there were nice homes and we saw people who looked like they were headed towards professional jobs. On the other hand, there were plenty of homeless people and panhandler in doorways.
The host and the cook seemed like very nice people, but that can't make up for a dirty, overcrowded place with bare wires hanging on the walls. I would NOT go back, and the people we met there had the same opinions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An Englishman's home where guest are welcome. Affordable downtown Toronto location. Parking available, fully cooked breakfast. Queen rooms, king beds, one room with a jacuzzi. Close to shops, restaurants, bars and all Toronto Downtown sites. Special tourist accommodation and business guests welcome. Wireless internet and internet desk provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pimblett's Downtown Toronto B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pimblett`s Downtown Toronto Hotel Toronto
- Pimblett`s Downtown Toronto Bed And Breakfast