“The perfect place to stay”
Review of Homewood Inn

Homewood Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Homewood Inn
Ranked #73 of 117 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 22, 2006

I attended the XVI. International Aids Conference in Toronto which took place in Toronto / Canada in my role as a reporter for Irish radio station NEAR FM.

Concern Worldwide who paid for the trip and who in turn get all the footage for their website booked me into the Homewood Inn which lies in a quiet road.

The minute you enter the Homewood Inn you can feel the warmth of the place. Eadie and all the other staff are friendly and genuinely interested in you as a person. They always call you by name and engage easily in conversations about whatever comes to mind.

Apart from spacious and clean rooms and a very nice breakfast it is true to say that the intimacy and openness of the Homewood Inn makes this place unique.

It is close to the inner city and the subway and if they call you a taxi to the airport you´ll get a flatrate.

The prices start at $ 65 Canadian Dollars for a single room including breakfast and the price is a good one considering the efforts made to make you feel welcome and home.

There are no en - suite rooms but the bathrooms are spacious and very clean.

For more conservative guests it could be a bit worrying that the streets nearby are owned by prostitutes at night although they don´t bother people at all.

15  Thank TheIrishReporter
There are newer reviews for Homewood Inn

UK
Reviewed July 3, 2006

I arrived at the Homewood Inn in Toronto for a month-long stay, not really knowing what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised.

The staff were very welcoming and friendly, and always available for a chat and suggestions of what to do during my stay in Toronto (good knowledge of their city!). The rooms were clean, spacious and well furnished with all the modern amenities such as a TV, fridge-freezer and an air conditioner too. There are also laundry facilities.

Every morning we would enjoy a hearty breakfast, cooked and served individually and promptly. The Inn is also in a good location, being walking distance to two subway stops (which means it is pretty much connected to every part of the city).

On the whole, this was an outstanding Bed and Breakfast, and one I am sure I will visit again on my next trip to the beautiful city of Toronto, ON, Canada!

• Stayed: June 2006
20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2006

This place was a wonderful place to stay, very clean great service and very helpful staff. The breakfast provided was great. Definately reccommend that you stay. Also very affordable!!!!

18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 2, 2006

I stayed over at the Homewood Inn and was extremely pleased with the warm reception of its hosts and with the pleasing & cosy accomodation that is being offered. All staff have been very helpful to make this stay as comfortable as possible, providing a feeling of being at home.

Being so close to the bustling Toronto city center, the place is at the same time located in a peaceful and tranquil tree-lined street, allowing one to come to a complete rest when reaching home. I also enjoyed its proximity to the Allan Gardens and its beautiful botanical garden in which I spent some relaxing moments.

Thanks again to Mme Dolores, Eadie and John and hoping to see you again soon at my next visit to Toronto.

JVE

• Stayed: January 2006
19  Thank Jacques_5782
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 17, 2005

My husband and I have returned from Toronto after a wonderfull visit with our son, who is freshman at the University of Toronto. We had stayed at Homewood Inn and have been so happy with our stay that we wish to write a great review.

The warm and friendly staff at the Inn made us feel so comfortable that we felt like 'home'. The Inn (a Victorian style house) is in a lovely area, centrally located and is walking distance to many centers of visit, subways,great restaurants, and most of all, a short walk to the Univ.of Toronto campus, where we visited daily to be with our son. Not only did we stay in a cozy room, we had hot breakfasts every morning. The staff were always so helpful with any information that we needed, but the one fact that touched our hearts, was that they actually invited our son to stay with us for a weekend at no charge. Such hospitality and warmth are rare especially in big cities..

In summary, it is definitely without a doubt that we'll return to Homewood Inn soon and every time we visit Toronto.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 16, 2005

Where do I start? From the moment I arrived at the Homewood Inn I was made to feel as if I were at home, Dolores, Eadie & John all pride themselves on this!
The location is fantastic for visiting Downtown Toronto, with all attractions only a short walk away...But at the same time, Homewood Avenue is a peaceful backstreet and you'd really not know how close you were to all the attractions. I travel a lot and have high standards, which the Homewood Inn met with flying colours!! I would recommend for anyone taking a trip to book into the Homewood Inn. Thank you so much for a wonderful week and I hope to be visiting again very soon.

• Stayed: November 2005
15  Thank Paul G
Arnprior, Ontario
Reviewed November 2, 2005

I don't know what rooms the other reviewers stayed in, but it sure wasn't ours! Our room in a house two doors down was dingy and ugly. The blinds were broken, the room smelled, and there were no niceties like a box of Kleenex or drinking glasses. Luckily it wasn't cold, because the only extra blanket was a crocheted spread sitting at the bottom of the closet. The bedside table was dirty.

The shared bathroom was clean, but rather run down. The kitchen was passable. Is this really a rooming house?

On the plus side, Edie was very friendly and helpful with advice for restaurants (I recommend Just Thai on Church St.) and using the public transit. Breakfast was passable, although the sausages were cold.

It sufficed for a one night get together with an old friend who wasn't choosy, but I'm glad I wasn't there longer and certainly I wouldn't stay there again.

Stayed: October 2005