Stay Inn
$323
Doubletree.com
$358
  • Restaurant
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$323
$356
$214
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsno elevatorthe breakfast areaa ground floor roommorning breakfast isyogurteasy accessroom was cleanneeded a place to staydecent breakfasttoronto areasmall fridgefirst floorclose to the airportwe've stayedthree nightswould definitely stay here againup to date
FilterAll languages
Manhattan, NY
Reviewed May 3, 2004

My stay at this hotel was enjoyable and pleasant. As it was my first visit to Toronto, the staff was extremely helpful in assisting me with my way around the city. I cannot understand why there would be negative reviews posted about this hotel, as it was quite a lovely stay. I reccomend the suite, in which one may enjoy a relaxing nght. This hotel was good quality at an affordable price.

Toronto
Reviewed March 18, 2004

I would just like to say that I will never be staying at the Stay Inn again. It is evident from the service received, that the staff is lacking in basic hospitality skills.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed February 29, 2004

I have stayed at Stay Inn several times and every time that I was there I have found nothing but exceptional service. The experience of Stay Inn has always been quite pleasant. The rooms are kept tidy, staff is well-mannered, and the overall service is great. I have stayed in hotels many times - many of which claim to be five star - that do not live up to the standards of Stay Inn. Keeping the price of accomodations in mind, Stay Inn is additionally a very good deal. The standard rooms are very nice and also reccommended are the very lovely (and not so expensive) suites. Anyone who reads this particular review should not be discouraged by the seemingly negative review posted by another patron. That invidiual should be more concerned with learning to spell, rather creating utterly false complaints. Stay Inn is truly a pleasant place to stay!!

Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed December 29, 2003

We stayed in the standard room for three nights and requested a late check out on the last day, it was granted on the spot. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful in every aspect of our stay.

I am amazed at the first negative commentary but pleased to see the second positive commentary which reflects our same impression. The room and the whole hotel were very clean, the beakfast was good and the staff were very professional and friendly. The cost is very resonable as well.

I recommedn this hotel to anyone.

toronto, ontario
Reviewed November 22, 2003

From the first time I called the Stay Inn located on Evans Ave I have been horribly stunned at the demenour and lack of professionalism the staff and management portray. Not only is it incredibly difficult to reach anyone at front desk, but once you do be prepared to accept "hospitality with an attitude" I have stayed at this particular hotel about 4 times and always have been dissatified, however continued on for the location. My last stay was the worst. I checked in at 2.15p.m. (a great "favor" on their part) only to be kept waiting at the front lobby for 10 min with no one in sight. After having to check the parking lot for someone who might be working at the hotel i manage to locate a worker, who I believe to be the manager. I continue to my room to open the door and cringe at the stale smoke and mildew odour that's filled the room. Surprising as it is a new hotel. I inform the man at the front desk who comes in with air FRESHIONER. My stay over the weekend was not a pleasure trip and all i wanted to do was close the door behind me and relax. The following morning i had fallen ill and could not get out of bed. I started to call the front desk and no one answered. I continued to call several times before someone answered. I girl at the front desk replied named Joycelyn replied. I had previousely rude encounters with her as throughtout my stayed found her to be very short tempered and unaccommedating. I expalined to her I would like to stay an extra day however if she could just charge my Visa as i was terribly ill and perfered not to get out of bed at the moment that if she gave me an hour or so to gather myself together i would bring her down the cash. It was at this time 11.30 am that she told me I would have to get to the front desk by 12.00 p.m. or check out. Astonished i unhappily got out of bed and went to the front deak to pay her and explain my discontenmt. I asked to speak to a manager who was not availably and left him a message which did not get retuerned. On the Sunday Morning I called the front desk to ask for an extended check out time. I was greeting by that same "hospitality hostess" and flately refused. When i continued to tell her that it didn't seem a problem another time as an "additional fee" is charged and i have no problem paying she than told me I must leave 1.00 p.m. all with that charming attitude of hers. My temper at this point had run thin....and although my stay was a personal difficult time for me...this girl was making it so much harder. With much regret on my part before i know it i'm at a fighting match at the front desk with this rude, miserable, spiteful hospitality hostess. She than tells me she will not grant the extended check out and that checkout time is 11.00am. Resisting to continue the fighting match i left with a message for her manager to call me back. I'm still waiting!! Horrible HOrrible Horrible

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member