“High School Reunion Stay”
Review of Stay Inn

Stay Inn
Ranked #59 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Mississauga
“High School Reunion Stay”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We arrived on Saturday for our high school reunion weekend and checked-in. I made the booking through booking.com and they didn't have it but luckily I had printed off the sheet before I left home. Got a room on 2nd floor (no elevator and that's as high as it goes). Room not very large but had 2 queen size beds (3 pillows on each), flat screen TV, internet connection, desk with chair, full bathroom with a few amenities but no closet. The iron/ironing board were beside one of the beds by the bathroom wall and had some hangers. Overall the room was very nice. Came back later that night from the reunion and the hotel was very quiet although there was a motorcoach bus on the property so we were expecting a lot of noise. Slept right through until 7 Sunday morning. Went down for the free breakfast about 8:00 and it was very quiet. The breakfast itself was good. There was juice, coffee, cereals, yogurt, bread, bagels, scrambled eggs, bacon, and a waffle machine. Although we were meeting a group of friends for brunch at 10:00 and were only going to have coffee, we ended up splitting a waffle and some bacon. Overall, I was very impressed with the hotel and would definitely stay here again. The only bad thing I would say is the room is overpriced at $102/nt. Should be more like $79/$89/nt. Also there is no swimming pool or restaurant on the property but Sherway Gardens Mall isn't very far away.

Room Tip: This hotel only has 2 floors so no elevator. If you can't handle doing stairs, then ask for a r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Mandy U, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Very happy to read you enjoyed your stay and the complimentary breakfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed in the Jacuzzi suite on a Friday night. Clean room. Many towels. Basic amenities. Nice layout to room. Quiet room. It appeared to be a busy night with a bus tour but no noise issues from other guests. A basic continental breakfast offered to all guests (with hot and cold options). Make your own waffle, bagel, toaster, juice, coffee, cereal, eggs and bacon offered. Close to a shopping mall. Not many restaurant options in the area unless you wish to drive a little distance. Personable front desk staff. Fridge in the room. Coffee and tea offered in lobby 24/7 area along with a microwave. Saturday Star offered. I would recommend if looking for a decent place to stay. It's not the Four Seasons but you will get a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: I stayed at the end of the hallway so there was no noise from other guests in the hallway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mandy U, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing Stay Inn Toronto and thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Your interest is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again.
st johns newfoundland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Awesome hotel i stayed here a second time.i will not stay anywhere else close to all ammenities and great for familys. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly and there to help. Towels were plentyfull and have floor rooms with big doors to let the air in. Close to malls and fifteen minute drive from casino and downtown Toronto. Stay here and you will see the quailty of this hotel. Very reccomened

• Stayed April 2013
Mandy U, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you, thank you and thank you! Your intertest for Stay Inn Toronto is greatly appreciated!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I enjoyed excellent customer service, a very clean room (without any worries of bugs, etc.), a great complimentary breakfast, and easy access to downtown Toronto and Lakeshore. I'll definitely return. BTW, I don't generally write reviews...can't be bothered...but because I was impressed, I decided to take the time. Thanks to the staff at the 'Stay Inn' - please don't change a thing because I'd love to return! :) Also, I've stayed a few times in a known-named hotel in downtown Toronto, but I'd rather be at the Stay Inn. I guess I should say that the one thing others might be concerned about is that the Inn only serves breakfast (but it is complimentary - cold and hot!). There is no lunch or dinner restaurant. BUT there are quite a few places nearby to eat, whether by walking or delivery. And, there's no pool, etc. BUT, if you're looking for a clean and nice place to stay, stay at the Stay Inn. Staying here is great value for money (and not because anything is cheap or ucky). Do it! I'd like to stay :)

Room Tip: I was in room 132.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CMPiper
Mandy U, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Very well written on your end and gives clear information for other travellers to decide whether or not they'd like to stay with us. Thank you again!
Vermontville, New York
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very good deal!

Nice, clean, spacious room and comfortable beds!!!!!!

Conveniently located close to downtown and airport. Breakfast was one of the bonus for our stay. I definitely would go there again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank 920VictorS
Mandy U, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Mr. Victor, thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed there for one night with my family. It was great place, and breakfast was the best part of it.

We had 3 rooms, and everything was great. When we checked in, there were complimentary cookies. Cookies were nice and fresh. Hotel manager, Mandy Uppal, was great, and helped us with our luggage.

I loved the place but it was little over our budget. He recommended us the hotel on down the street which was Canada’s Best Value Inn Toronto.

I do recommend Stay Inn Hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Downstair rooms have patio door
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mandy U, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Ava, it was a true pleasure meeting with you. Thank you again for choosing Stay Inn Toronto.
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The funniest part of this stay was that the toaster in the breakfast room shot the toast out like a rocket. It was quite funny to watch because the people didn't usually stand and monitor their toast, so they were very surprised to see their toast fly out in to the air and land on the floor.

The worst part of the stay was the bed bugs. We were bitten several times and notified the front desk of the problem. The staff was very casual and unalarmed. They promised to take the room out of service. We called the room the next night and their was a guest in the room. I guess they didn't take the room out of service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Ruby R
Mandy U, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I do apologize for your unpleasant experience and wish to get your feedback to get this resolved. We do value your support and interest for Stay Inn Toronto and wish for you to return and feel comfortable when here.
It would be my pleasure to further discuss this with you so therefore please contact me at your ease. Looking forward and I’m truly sorry about your negative experience.
At our establishment we have cleaning and property maintenance programs in place that prevent such issues. I do apologize if you felt we did not take your matter seriously. We did and executed accordingly. If you would like to further discuss this, please do not hesitate to reach me.