“Great stay at the Stay Inn (Toronto)”
Review of Stay Inn

Stay Inn
Ranked #57 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Myself and a friend stayed here for the weekend, had a great stay. Friendly staff, clean, free wifi, and quiet. Not overly fancy - no pool or gym or anything but excellent value for the money, perfect for what we needed it for, and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Amanda S
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Guest, thank you so much for taking time to submit your experience. So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we wish to have you back real soon. Thank you again:)

There are newer reviews for Stay Inn

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I go to Toronto often for medical treatment at St Joseph's on the Queensway. I always want to find a low-priced hotel as close as possible and the few hotels in close proximity to St. Joe's are not very nice. I came across the Stay Inn online by accident and seeing it was perfectly located for my needs, I decided to give it a try. And I am very glad I did. This family-run motel has VERY helpful and friendly staff, the king size bed was truly comfortable, the pillows are big and soft, and the room is spacious and easy to cool down or heat. The grounds and hotel are extremely clean, inside and out. Easy access to the hospital, major highways, and downtown, as well as the many good restaurants and unique stores on the Queensway and in the area. One suggestion regarding an improvement would be to add another computer and put them in a place where privacy is assured. There's only one and you have to stand up to use it. Not very private or comfortable. Maybe consider moving the vending machines? It's very easy to give this hotel a five out of five and I will be returning.

Room Tip: I was upstairs and about three rooms from the central entrance and heard very little noise if any. I...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank krazykritik
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Hidden Gem? Thank you very much, your business, support and interest for the Stay Inn is greatly appreciated:)

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Very pleasantly surprised to find this gem in Etobicoke, close to family we were visiting. It's not super luxurious. It does not have a swimming pool or an elevator (2 storey) What it is: very clean, quiet, comfortable beds, good amenities, and a full breakfast in the morning! And best of all- reasonably priced! Was delighted to discover that great shopping at Sherway Gardens was less than 5 minutes away (hubby slightly less enthusiastic!!) We look forward to returning.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank EllieW257
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and others. It was our pleasure having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed here one night. Perfect location for my plans. Easy to find and easy access to highways. The outside property is attractive as you approach. The room was pleasantly decorated and the sofa was appreciated. There is no elevator but arriving and departing my suitcase was carried up and down the stairs for me. Many thanks for that. The breakfast area is very small but they offered enough to start your day. I would definitely return here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank lpCanada
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Good day, thank you, thank you and thank you!!!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed at the Stay Inn for two nights during a recent visit to Toronto. I really liked the place. My room with two beds wasn't very large, but it was nicely decorated, clean, comfortable, and quiet. My only complaint is that the parking lot was littered with cigarette butts. Staff was very efficient. The breakfast was outstanding and featured not only the usual items but also eggs, bacon, sausage, and waffles. Dishware was ceramic rather than plastic; dining area was pleasant and efficiently managed. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Greg N
Mandy7807, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Good day, thank you for submitting your kind thoughts on trip advisor. I will definately share this with our entire team. Keeping our grounds clean is always one of our top priorities. Our landscaping should be completed within the next 2 weeks and if you do return this summer, you will see beautiful flowers all around the site along with the well kept, dark green grass. On your next visit, hopefully you will not see any butts.
Have yourself a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stay at The Stay Inn when visiting our daughter who lives in west Toronto. The rooms are comfortable and clean. They serve a full breakfast with enough variety for a few days. The location is not convenient for downtown Toronto, but has good access to the highway. You definitely need a car for getting around.

Room Tip: Rooms near the front desk are noisy because they are also close to the breakfast area, the ice machi...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bytown
Mandy7807, General Manager at Stay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thank you for taking time to submit your thoughts on our hotel. We are thankful for your stay and wish to see you real soon.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

I have stayed at the Stay Inn in Etobicoke for several years now, while working at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair. At the time I am there, the hotel is mostly filled with exhibitors for the fair. It is an easy 20 minute drive to the Fair via the Queensway. I do not like highway traffic in Toronto so this is an easier route for me. Travel by highway would be even quicker, if the rush hour is not involved. The hotel offers an excellent breakfast, scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, the usual pastries and muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice and coffee. The rooms are clean, comfortable and insect free. Rates are extremely reasonable and parking and breakfast are free. The hotel staff are friendly, courteous and helpful. There is a second floor, without an elevator and the staff will carry your luggage upstairs. Most ground floor rooms have an exterior door with parking right outside the room to make it easier to bring in luggage. I would stay in this hotel anytime I had to attend an event in Toronto. Although it does not have some of the ammenities of a larger hotel (business centre, gym, swimming pool) I would not use these anyway as I have no time for these when I am working at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. There is little traffic. It is located in a Residential/Industrial area where t...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank OntarioCruiser46

Thank you very much!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Etobicoke
North York
Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites
North York
Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York

Been to Stay Inn? Share your experiences!