“Terrific Sketch Comedy”

Second City Toronto
Ranked #3 of 269 Nightlife in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: The Second City is renown as the world's premier comedy theatre, with critically-acclaimed live improv and sketch comedy shows on stage every night. Enjoy a night of laughs and up-to-the-minute satire from the legendary comedy troupe that inspired Saturday Night Live, SCTV, and Whose Line Is It Anyway! The Second City's list of alumni include entertainment legends such as Martin Short, Eugene Levy, Gilda Radner, John Candy, Andrea Martin, Mike Myers, Colin Mochrie, and many more. Tickets are only $14 - $32, making The Second City the best entertainment value in Toronto. Located in the heart of Toronto's Entertainment District, The Second City's intimate cabaret theatre offers table service of a affordable bar and food menu, as well as pre-show dinner packages.
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Being at the Second City was awesome and the show was terrific. The comedy troop was excellent and, while we paid a little extra for reserved seating to get a great view, there's really no view that's bad. Plus, the wait staff was super friendly and made terrific drink recommendations. An absolute must for comedy fans!

2  Thank DaydreanNation

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was so excited to check out Second City - such an iconic venue, so many amazing comedic stars have cut their teeth on the stage.
We checked out their new show - Sixteen Scandals and left a little underwhelmed.
We did not get assigned seats, so would advise to get there early and have a drink before the show starts, ensuring you have a good seat. The service was OK - really slow and it took over 30 minutes for them to bring my drink.
The show was OK. Not as many laughs as I was hoping for. The talent is talented. The skits were just not that great. A few laughs here and there, but just not that funny. Lots of cheap laughs with nudity and cross-dressing, but no skit that was stand-out.
I will go back and try another show though - as I love comedy, but I was just wanting more!

3  Thank Megan M
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The show is always very good. Quite entertaining and always an excellent show. I always look forward to returning to 2nd city.

If I may suggest, arrive early. The seating is the 1 negative. It's quick cramped, and if you end up in the upper seating the view can be poor. Arriving early will maximize your chances of being seated on the floor.

Be ready to laugh, order food and drinks, and have a great night.

2  Thank Wakky_J
Reviewed March 15, 2014

During our trip to Toronto we went to a few shows including Second City. Of all I think it was the best value for the money. Thankfully we are originally from Toronto and got the local references.

What talent!

Our teen children love it too.

Only wish it wasn't so rushed. Would be nice to socialize more with friends before and/or after show.

2  Thank Connie G
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Was here recently and their form of comedy has been around for years. Last time I was to this place was in 1980 at a different place plus John Candy was on the stage. No wonder SNL has a good recruiting ground for their comedy type people as Second City is certainly the proving ground to learn this trade. Shows always reflect what is going on in the community and their talent pool never disappoints. No wonder SCTV was a hit back in the 1970's as they have great writers who make their performers look good here!

1  Thank b0b55russell