“Fun evening out”

Second City Toronto
Ranked #3 of 265 Nightlife in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: The Second City is renown as the world's premier comedy theatre, with critically-acclaimed live improv and sketch comedy shows on stage every night. Enjoy a night of laughs and up-to-the-minute satire from the legendary comedy troupe that inspired Saturday Night Live, SCTV, and Whose Line Is It Anyway! The Second City's list of alumni include entertainment legends such as Martin Short, Eugene Levy, Gilda Radner, John Candy, Andrea Martin, Mike Myers, Colin Mochrie, and many more. Tickets are only $14 - $32, making The Second City the best entertainment value in Toronto. Located in the heart of Toronto's Entertainment District, The Second City's intimate cabaret theatre offers table service of a affordable bar and food menu, as well as pre-show dinner packages.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Second City show was extremely entertaining and something I would highly recommend when visiting Toronto. The show we saw was "We Are Heroes" or something similar. We were able to get tickets to a Friday night show on Friday morning through the concierge at the hotel. We were about 3 rows from the stage but it looked like there really wasn't a bad seat in the house. If you're in a wheelchair, you must enter the building from the Wayne Gretzky restaurant.

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"tickets"
in 72 reviews

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went to see We can be heroes and had a fantastic time.
It is a small theatre, nothing fancy. The comedians are great and versatile. Although English is not our first language and we do not live in Toronto, we got the majority of jokes and laughed from beginning to end. If you want to walk out with a souvenir, order a large beer and you can take home the glass.
Great night!

2  Thank limondelli
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We hit Second City the first night we were in Toronto - because it was the only night that would work into our schedule. My husband who does not like improv was skeptical and our kids (23, 20 and16) were reserving judgement. We all had fun and it really got the vacation off to a great start. I will say that our 16 yr. old is mature for his age, so I was comfortable with the humor.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had a fabulous time at Second City Toronto. The comedy was wonderful and would appeal to a wide audience. The 6 performers were having fun and really connected with the crowd,
The service was also excellent and the drinks were reasonably priced.
The only minor complaint was that there were some unruly, loud audience members. That, of course, is not Second City's fault - but I wish they had been dealt with more promptly by security.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been to this show 5 times now and find that one show is great lots of laughs and the another can be quite boring with very little laughs. Also they are going to seat you and if you don't like the location of your seat and you are early enough that there are other seats available make sure to say something . I would prefer to be in the middle. The comedians have lots of facial expressions and body language that you will not appreciate from a bad angle. I was recently there and I think it was wrong of second city to sit me and 5 others in our group or any one else at the angle we were at, as we missed so much, and stared at the back of a lot of heads. We should have switched seats as we where there 40 minutes early. I don't agree that its really cheap either at $29 per ticket.