“Chance choice turned out to be great”
Review of Chalau Dim Sum

Chalau Dim Sum
Ranked #2,323 of 9,074 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed November 16, 2013

There is an eatery every 10 paces on Yonge Street. I chose this one based on reviews. Its a very nice clean dim sum place, with well explained menus including electronic pictures on a tablet. A word of warning - you don't need as much as you think you do - slow down and savour!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

According to the gentleman who served us Chalau means Dim Sum. Toronto has several ‘Chinese’ neighbourhoods with traditional restaurants but Chalau is not within their borders, but on Yonge Street.

If you would like to take friends and family out to try Dim Sum this is the place to go. It is much more up market in design and décor, and clean! The bathrooms look great and are spick-and-span, my only problem was with the design decision to place the doors to the stalls so close to the toilet that the door will not open all the way and makes it hard to get into it.

The food is good and it arrives hot without a long wait. I like this kind of Dim Sum restaurant where you order what you want instead of waiting for the trolleys to come by with lots of items you are not interested in.

It’s not overly adventurous for those that are ‘afraid’ of Dim Sum and it’s a great little respite from your shopping or before a movie.

You should try it.

2  Thank AppleSpice
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went here in a Sunday afternoon. Welcoming, great service from the minute we walked in to the minute we left. Found it to be a little expensive, but I am not used to Toronto prices so... but they were very helpful with our questions. Food came out hot and we enjoyed a relaxing late lunch. Would go back again if in the area.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is sad, because the place looks fantastic, the staff is very welcoming and effective, the prices are on par and the portions are fit for a foodie.

The food itself is not bad, it is well cooked and presented, but everything is bland/ under seasoned ( aside the soup that I had which was well seasoned.)

I want my taste buds to applause when I go out... which sadly did not happen. I still recommend giving it a try since it is cheap to try a couple of samplers.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm addicted to this place. It's clean and pretty with nice little decor details, very classy, the food I find authentic and tasty and the service is very warm and welcoming. Due to downtown location, opens later than most dim sum places (11am) but I find it worth the wait. An excellent and feel-good meal for under 10 dollars.