“Fun for a change”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Neighborhood: West End
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed August 26, 2012

If you're in Bloor West Village this is a good spot to go. I avoid it in the summer because it is in the basement. The owner is exceptionally personable as was our waitress. Just order a bunch of stuff to share and a bottle of house wine and have fun. It is not gourmet but certainly enjoyable.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Four of us had combinations of appetizers, salads, entrees and deserts. Everything was very good especially the lamb burger. Owner came over several times to check on us and our waitress was outstanding. Great choice for a casual night out.

Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

I don't get why this place is still around. The restaurant is in a basement first of all. Plus the portions are insanely small. At first glance, the prices on the menu looked pretty good! Then the food came, and I was like, "where's the rest?!" not an inviting atmosphere at all. When I was sitting there, I could here the kitchen blaring the radio... It was louder then the restaurants music! So unprofessional. I've never been back and would never recommend.

1  Thank BossyPotato
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We went by today on a whim to watch the Euro match. The service was a notch above rude, and made me feel like I had no business being there.
I ordered the spanokopita appetizer that was listed as tapas. Having been to Greece and living in a city with thousands of Greeks, and hundreds of Greek restaurants I've had a few plates of spanokopita in my time and had in my mind a light fluffy, spinach pie with a hint of feta. What I got were 3 Loblaws frozen appitizers and large serving of disappointment.
Thankfully we did not go for a full dinner or I would have been extremely angry at having wasted my money.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We decided to check this place out on recommendation by a friend. The restaurant is named because you have to walk down 17 Steps to get inside. So not very accessible if you have a handicap. That said, the decor is simple but welcoming. The owner Dan came over to check on our table several times and was very charming. The food is Greek but slightly more sophisticated that your usual souvlaki and greek salad. We particularly enjoyed the loukamades for dessert. We will definitely go back and found the service and food to be terrific.