“Rude People Lose Sale”

Ranked #41 of 162 Shopping in Toronto
A TripAdvisor Member
“Rude People Lose Sale”
Reviewed September 2, 2003

I visited Toronto Jewellery Exchange wanting to part with some money and treat myself to a new ring. The man at Platin Jewellery in Booth 1 was very nice to begin with and did not have to ring I wanted but insisted on getting it in. It would take half an hour and I left $20.00 in good faith that I would be back to look at it. The ring was not what I wanted and he insisted I buy it. This man insulted and abused me until I brought down and cryed. I was going to buy another piece of jewellery from the booth next door, but as this upset me so much I left the building. I found Toronto to be an O'K place, the power was half out while I was there, which was disappointing as alot of galleries were not operating. If this is how sales people treat pregnant women, everybody else look out. Regards.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

A TripAdvisor Member
“Selection and price”
Reviewed April 4, 2003

In the 200 block of Yonge St on the east side of the street, across from Eaton Centre is the Jewelry Exchange, a small mall of jewelry booths, each separately owned it seemed. Good prices good selection. Lots of gold, but they have silver, watches and pearls, diamond, gemstones. Across the board, the prices seemed good but not especially obvious as discount prices except in some cases at some booths, a fair number of "specials". They were usually open to bargaining so its ok to counter offer. They can cut you a better deal with cash than credit cards. Some of the pieces were standard jewelry store designs but others were unique. Competition between booths seemed strong. If you're a jewelry lover, its worth a look.

23 Thank A TripAdvisor Member