“Bistro hip pub on Ossington” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Saint
Ranked #2,153 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Dundas St W
Transit: The TTC stops at the corner of Ossington Ave, and Dundas St W. a two minute walk north of The Saint Tavern. You can take either the Dundas W streetcar or the Ossington Bus.
Toronto, Ontario
“Bistro hip pub on Ossington”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Great addition to the Ossington scene. A bit more of a higher end bistro pub, classy but somewhat mainstream decor. Food was great and service was excellent.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Toronto, Canada
“Almost like being in a cool NY tavern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Great food, personable helpful service with just the right amount of attention.
Would suggest they offer one of their 2 good Pinot Noirs (one Niagara, one French) by the glass.
Favourites on this visit were the salt cod fritters, the fried chicken, and the pecan pie.

• Visited May 2012
Toronto
“The Saint is a winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Loved it !!! I tried so much from their menu and truthfully I ate a little too much, at least from what I remember eating that night,I will post about, I had their burger it was excellent full of flavor and juicy not greasy I liked that the burger wasn't overcome by bun, the burger and bun both went to the property line unlike some other places where the burger is hidden way inside the bun and the first bite or 2 is bread and no meat, the perogies were very good , the fish was so good too, I can't remember 100% but I think it was cod, there were 4 of us there and we ordered so much and that was a couple months ago when they hadn't had the grand opening yet and I've been meaning to post a review. They offer lots of different beers from local micro breweries too if you're into trying something a little different.
I really liked the layout of the Saint it was very reminiscent of old American diners, but with an upgraded look and feel to it, but none the less is was like a diner and I personally liked it a lot. The service was so awesome the staff didn't miss a beat serving us. I will be going there again next time I'm around that way that's for sure.

• Visited March 2012
Toronto
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

I hope this place stays around for a long time. Thought they don't hype it as such....they call it a traditional British Pub with cutting edge design....I think it's more accurate description would be gastro-pub...an oft-abused term but in this case completely deserved. I'm not sure about the British thing but it does have European influence for sure...long bar, tin ceiling (anaglypta?), reclaimed mirror, oak paneling, leather booths etc. and the whole effect is warm, friendly and lively.

The food is very, very good and shows a lot of creative effort in taking mundane pub staples to a new level of sophistication. A perfectly-seasoned and mixed Steak Tartare (thank you for putting this classic on the menu) followed by a lightly-battered Halibut & Chips was my lot (char-grilled half-lemon a nice touch). Others had Pierogies, Bone Marrow to start which were great. Main courses were a Flatiron Steak, a Burger and a Chopped Steak. I tasted all of them and can vouch not only for their recipients' happiness, but also for my own. We could not fault any of the food and I think the kitchen knocked it out of the park.

Wines and cocktails were excellent. Service was friendly, helpful and humorous without being intrusive. It's not inexpensive at $350 for four with two bottles of wine, but that would not stop me for a second from going back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Don35
Toronto, Canada
“Eclectic Bistro with a touch of class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

This is a great new addition to an area fast becoming "foodville". We didn't have a reservation and decided the bar would work fine. Adam, our bartender, turns out he is also be a partner couldn't have been more accommodating. The first thing I noticed on the menu were perogies! perogies in a bistro! these I had to try. Outstanding is an understatement, they, along with a salad would make a great meal. Savory pie and fish and chips were our other choices and we maybe ordered too much because the pie was enough for two and the fish/chips crisp and tender as it was, was too much food by far. We also chose a bottle of Plume cabernet sauvignon, which at $45 was a steal. I later checked on line and its $30 by the case. My advice, try it, its delicious.

• Visited April 2012