Le Germain is a wonderful hotel - chic, hip and very urban. Others have said it all before me.
The three things I didn't like:
1) The doormen's uniform is such that it's difficult to tell if they're taxidrivers waiting for a fare or people who work for the hotel. The brown leather jackets are nice, but tough to tell at first glance that they're staff.
2) The window blinds are venetian style, so don't shut out light entirely. That's okay in the winter, but I guess the room wouldn't stay dark long into the morning in the summer.
3) The windows are far from noiseproof. I could hear conversation from a nearby bar and cars driving past. Fortunately, the hotel is on a relatively quiet street, so not a huge problem, but one you would think they'd have addressed in initial design.
Overall, a great hotel. I'm only pointing out a few flaws because all the other reviews were so great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An authentic experience Groupe Germain's philosophy is founded on elegance combined with authenticity. At Hotel Le Germain Toronto, no detail is overlooked to ensure your comfort and meet your needs. Under our roof, you'll find a home away from home. A local artistic flavour You'll enjoy the photographs of Toronto-based artist James Lahey. Tulips in full bloom brighten every room, while pictures of wispy clouds adorn the interior of the elevators. A welcome like no other Hotel Le Germain Toronto shares the same goal as all Le Germain Boutique-hotels: to create a comfortable and inviting atmosphere where the attentive and personalized service is accommodating yet never intrusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Toronto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Le Germain