“nice surprise...”

Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer
Ranked #10 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
“nice surprise...”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

While very well travelled, I had never stayed here before, (in fact, not sure I ever heard of it prior to booking), so was curious. Have to say that I was very pleased. Place had a cool vibe to it--modern styling, rooms, (or at least mine), was very spacious and bathroom as well with a terrific stand in shower.
Staff was attentive but not overbearing...continental breakfast but I did not notice where or if you could get a full breakfast...maybe my only very minor complaint. Also--bear in mind that there is a lot of construction going on in the immediate area but once inside, I did not notice any excessive noise.
Other that that--highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
DinoGurusamy, Director Of Operations at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Dale O,

Thank you for your review. I’m very happy to hear that your curiosity led you to us and that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad that you appreciated our contemporary minimalistic design, the signature rain shower and our team.
We serve a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, Should you prefer full “american breakfast” we will be happy to assist you with some options. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight during the August long weekend for a night out. The overall experience was great, and we will be back again. The atmosphere was very relaxing and clean. Our room was a good size with a VERY comfortable bed. I'm pretty sure we're going to look at purchasing pillows and a duvet through their online store. If you're looking for a great night sleep in a relaxing hotel environment, this is the place to go.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Minden, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight during a very busy night in Toronto. Everything was perfect. The atmosphere was very relaxing, the bed was extraordinarily comfortable and the staff quietly competent. We will probably stay at le Germaine on any future visits to Toronto. Located so conveniently in the entertainment district, it is a must stay for anyone going to the theatre.

We had a great time!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BC Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed for two glorious days when Toronto was glowing in October sunshine and warmth. We have stayed at Le Germain before and just love the attention to detail, and total indulgence of their guests. Nothing is too much trouble. Everyone smiles. The room was super and the bed was beautiful, comfy, and great linens. We were really busy on this trip but coming back to the hotel late at night was really like coming home.
Breakfast is on the mezzanine floor - each morning someone would greet us and serve our coffee whilst we helped ourselves to an array of goodies.
We will return and return!!!!

Room Tip: Love the quietness of the rooms at the rear of the hotel...King Deluxe we chose and it was perfect...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I found Hotel Le Germain right here, on Trip Advisor; it was rated the #8 best-reviewed Toronto hotel, I believe. Got several pieces of good advice from previous reviewers, esp. to ask for a north-facing room as high as possible. The view still isn't great, since the hotel is only 11 stories -- in the middle of tons of skyscrapers. But being on the north side and up does cut out all construction noise -- and there's construction EVERYWHERE in booming downtown Toronto, so be prepared.

We opted for a Standard room, with just a shower. We paid about $325 a night and felt it was an excellent value, given the great location, the fine room decor/amenities, the free breakfasts and the superb staff. Can't say enough about the staff -- always friendly and attentive. Two examples: when we first got in (early), the desk said our room would be ready in 20 minutes. I noticed the concierge wasn't with anyone, so we went over -- which was the best decision of our entire stay. Nancy couldn't have been more helpful; I had notes with me I had made (it was our first time in Toronto), and she honestly evaluated my choices, then added several great ones. And she made lots of restaurant recommendations. She spent nearly half an hour with us.

Second staff example: my wife and both thought the bed pillows were too squishy/soft, so I called the desk, and they sent up a very firm one -- but they only had one. When I made it clear we needed two, Scott, a manager called to find out just how firm a pillow I'd like -- then they sent someone out, on a Sunday afternoon, and bought not one but two extra-firm ones!

Now about those pocket/sliding doors in the bathroom: several previous reviewers really had problems with not having a true door. Sure enough, our room had two pocket doors: an outer one that did close entirely and an inner one to the john-only room, which had an inch opening even when closed as much as possible. The solution: only one person in the bath "suite" at a time. Close the outer door and you'll have complete privacy.

The room furnishings were hip and comfortable, a rare combo, and the AC/heating was the quietest I've ever had in a hotel -- a huge plus. In fact, the whole room was super quiet; we never heard one sound from another room in any direction.

No question Le Germain exceeded our expectations -- in fact, this is the first time I've ever written a hotel review; that's how impressed we were. Thanks, Le Germain staff!

Room Tip: See above; we were very happy with Room 707.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and it did not disappoint. It manages to be chic and homey at the same time. I stayed here on business and found it to be comfortable yet functional. The beds are very comfortable and the music system is a nice touch. The included continental breakfast was very good as well. It is in a terrific location for Toronto.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DinoGurusamy, Director Of Operations at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Naveron,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we strive to provide a stylish and comfortable environment and I am glad to hear that you found it Chic and Homey. We are indeed located in the heart of the city close to theaters, restaurants and the business district. We look forward to welcoming you back

Regards

Dino Gurusamy
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very large with excellent beds and spacious baths. Amenities are high quality. In room coffee is good and convenient. Our rate included breakfast, an enhance continental buffet, we greatly enjoyed. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. My only complaint is that the in room TV was extremely difficult to operate. It had a several second lag in response to button pushes and led you through a set of obscure menus to get to the regular channels.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple