“Fabulous hotel with all the touches and superb service”

Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer
Ranked #10 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel!

The location is perfect. And the O & B Canteen just a block and a half away has a wonderful "grab and go" menu and a comfortable atmosphere for dining alone. There's lots in the area being just off busy King Street. You'll find a Shoppers Drug mart very close by in addition to an LCBO and much more.

Hotel wise, this property has thought out so many subtle details. My room was lovely, with a perfectly comfortable bed and pillows. The room was very quiet and cozy. There was also a thoughtful hide-away space with a mirror, make-up area and a decent blow-dryer.

My disappointments were minor such as cool, low lighting, but so low that I had a hard time doing my make-up. My room service food was very so-so and during my 3 days there, my room never really got warm, even after calling maintenance.

The lounge is comfortable and elegant. My favourite part of the hotel is the library lounging area equipped with complimentary coffee of all sorts, 24 hours a day. The fitness room is a little small, but sufficient.

The staff were extremely helpful and attentive.

I'm staying at this hotel again in the near future and looking forward to it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gal_businesstraveler
DinoGurusamy, Director Of Operations at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear gal_businesstraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback , I am glad that you enjoyed our comfortable bed, the subtle details in the design and the location of the hotel. I will discuss your comments regarding the lighting , room service and heating with the respective managers and please accept my apologies for falling short. The library with the fireplace is indeed a favourite spot of most of our guests and I am glad to hear that you like it as well.

Please feel free to contact me directly next time you travel to Toronto and I will be happy to personally take care of your reservation. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best Regards

Dino Gurusamy
Director of Operations

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Beautiful hotel. The room is comfortable and luxurious! Spacious and very enjoyable on my business trip.

The service was impeccable. I forgot my phone charger, and when I called 3 days later, they advised that they had it and they would ship it as per my instructions.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MrsDrD
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stayed at three hotels n the "Le Germain" chain and truly love this one. We live in the Toronto suburbs and will often book into this hotel when we are going out downtown. The hotel is conveniently located in a great downtown neighbourhood. You feel good walking in, the staff are super friendly and the rooms are clean, and stylish. The shower is one of the highlights. The sound of light jazz is playing as you enter the room and the lighting is just perfect. They really pay attention to the details here. We have stayed in a standard room and executive suite with a balcony. Both rooms were great...The suite was a free upgrade, but it was nice to have the outdoor balcony space to sit and enjoy our wine. The hotel has a great restaurant attached and a nice library where you can go for a glass of wine, read, chat, have a meeting or just relax. We will definitely be staying there for as long as the standards set remain high. Love it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tbktrba
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We arrived late, 3am, and were greeted with welcoming attitudes and care. The room is very comfortable and the staff are very accommodating. We needed much rest our first day and when we wanted attention and care the staff was right there and when we wanted to be left in our room we received no knocks but just a nice note slid under the door to let us know they were here if needed.

We spent a lovely evening sitting in the lounge. Chatting over a class of wine and some Appetizers.

I recommend the hotel if you are looking for classy,boutique, quiet place. I enjoy the linens, the mattress and the bathroom. The hotel is well taken care of and is not showing any wear and tear.

We will stay again.

Room Tip: Any would be fine.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AmalfiRegina
Reviewed December 26, 2012

What a lovely hotel! Great location on a small backstreet in the center of the entertainment district- second city comedy is across the street! The design is gorgeous..lovely entrance and very inviting lounge/library, complete with coffee/latte service all day long. The rooms were huge and nicely laid out...tons of closet and drawer space. Our room came with a nespresso coffee machine, which is addictive. There is also a very nice continental breakfast( pastries, yogurt, smoked salmon/ham, fresh fruit) included. But, the best part is the service..everyone was incredibly helpful and gracious and we felt very much at home during our 5 day stay. Not cheap, but definitely worth the splurge in terms of how you are treated!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from king street, which could be noisy
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I really enjoyed my time at Le Germain. Tucked away so you don't feel slammed by the hustle/bustle of the city - Le Germain has a very grand and inviting foyer. When we arrived our room was not ready so immediately the concierge was able to upgrade us. We were giving a beautiful king room - the most incredible shower I have ever seen!
Very quiet and restful - beautiful features in the room and the complimentary coffee in the lobby is great. Will return again!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the King room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank C E
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great getaway location. Staff was unbelievable with a special dessert left for my wife's birthday at check-in. The breakfast was absolutely spectacular as well. Only bad part is the car honking outside - the hotel is located in the entertainment district - but it can only be expected for the area. Not really an issue.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MA_n_PF
DinoGurusamy, Director Of Operations at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear MA_n_PF,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, I will pass on your comments to all our staff. I am glad that we were able to make your wife feel special on her birthday. we look forward to welcoming you back on your next special occasion !

Regards