“Best of the best!”

Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer
Ranked #10 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I needed to find a last minute hotel downtown Toronto and couldn't have been happier with what was left. The location was amazing! It was honestly next to everything you would need on a Saturday night (clubs, bars, restaurants, theaters etc). When we got there check in was fast & easy and the front desk workers were very friendly and knew what they were doing. They have valet service so that was very convenient because we knew the car was in good hands and nothing would happen to it. The room was just amazing (we stayed on the 10th floor facing King St). We had a king size bed (I'm sure you can ask for doubles if you have more people), flat screen tv (with cable), a work table, snacks & drinks (for which you pay for). The bathroom was just over our expectations. It has a glass wall, so this mean if that whatever you are doing anyone who's in the room can see you!! The toilet was in a room with a door, so no one would see you doing that business - but the shower door was also glass. Over all the experience was amazing & we fell in love with this hotel. We'll definitely recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the 10th floor facing King St! I've read some reviews that if you're facing Mer...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was in Toronto for a short business trip and this hotel was recommended by co-workers.

Prompt and efficient service from the moment I came to the front door. Although this was my first time at this hotel, check-in was a breeze.

The room was very modern with a natural wood decor, large comfortable bed, sitting area, desk, large flat screen TV, and free wireles wi-fi. The modern bathroom has rainfall shower and a handheld shower in a bathtub with a glass wall that faces the bed. You can close the blinds if you prefer or just turnaround and watch TV.

Its in a nice area of the city but the hotel also provides a courtesy car service to take you into the main business district - its best to book this in advance as I found it can be in high demand in the morning.

The hotel offers a comlimentary continental breakfast with a nice selection. Free newspaper was available - my choice of WSJ was readily supplied.

The restaurant and bar in the hotel is called Victors and it has a delicious menu accompanied by good service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ViewontheHudson
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is my second time staying at this hotel. I enjoyed both times. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The location is great if you want to stay at the entertainment district with tons of restaurants. The room is clean and the bed is comfortable. The bathroom is huge with a nice bathtub. I also think the coffee machine in the lobby is wonderful for the guests. I didn't give it a 5 stars because both rooms I stayed, the ceiling looks like it has some extreme water damange even tho they painted it in dark brown.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
DinoGurusamy, Director Of Operations at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Gabriel ,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad that we had the opportunity to welcome you back and that you enjoyed your stay. We are indeed located in the entertainment district with plenty of options for dining and entertainment. The ceiling, exposed concrete with a darker paint, is one of the features of our design. We do get comments about it and it does spark some interesting conversation. We hope to welcome you back next time you are in town.

Best

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for one night between September 29th to September 30th.
When we got to the hotel the check it was fast and smooth, the two gentlemen at the front desk were polite and very friendly. We got a room the Superior room on the 10th floor facing King St. It was pretty neat because we stayed the night of Nuit Blanch (An all night art show that happens all over the city) so when looking outside you saw a lot of people. The room was very clean and very presentable. They had a mini bar & snacks and had the price list on them. The valet guys were amazing! My boyfriend (obviously) misplaced our valet ticket stubs (you were able to take your car in and out as many times as you pleased). We called the front desk and informed that we just needed a few things from the car that we had forgotten and that we lost our ticket, they were very nice and insured us that it was okay. Prior to leaving for dinner we asked if we could go to the car & grab out stuff, they actually had one of the valet guy's ask what we needed and he brought our stuff. The lobby of the hotel looked very elegant, they had a wedding or some type of party & everyone looked please with the service.

This hotel is in a prime location being near clubs, restaurants and other tourist attractions. This hotel is right next to 3 clubs but when we came back to our hotel around 245/3 AM, there were no party goers and it was very quite (minus the noise form the art show going on).
When checking out it was also fast and easy and the girls at the front desk were very polite and nice.

We will definitely be back to this hotel and we'll recommend it to all of our friends!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Summary: Each time I come back to Toronto, I think to myself "I must try a new hotel" - but I just love Le Germain so much! And each time, it never disappoints. What do I love so much about it? The service is always friendly and helpful, they can never do enough for you, from the check-in desk to the breakfast staff to the bar staff. But the living room/library area with oversized couches and complimentary coffee/tea is what does it for me I think: SO comfortable to sit there watching the world go by the huge windows. And the location can't be beat: it's around the corner from the CN tower, business district and a short walk from Chinatown.

The room: contemporary yet still comfortable, with warm colours throughout. A recurring theme in this hotel! I've stayed in different types of rooms, and always ask for a quiet one facing the back.

Amenities: can't beat Molton Brown toiletries in the room! They used to leave a complimentary bottle of water in the room, but I've noticed that has stopped.

Food: breakfast is simple, with a range of breads, fruits, pastries and oatmeal. The only savoury serving is ham or smoked salmon, and hard-boiled eggs. Simple, but it suffices! The restaurant, Victor, has a small menu for dinner but it's high quality food. The burger is amazing! And the bar/restaurant staff are amazing too, so incredibly helpful and playful, a nice combo.

Location: a short walk from everything! Especially my favourite restaurant, Lee, on King St West.

So...next time I may try somewhere else, but knowing me, I will ultimately return to this oldie but goodie.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
DinoGurusamy, Director Of Operations at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear LoveLuxuryStays,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

I’m happy that you enjoyed the hotel and our amenities such as the complimentary breakfast, coffee machine and Molten Brown toiletries. Part of our green initiative was to replace the in room plastic bottles by a carafe that can be refilled with the “OVOpur water” located on every floor. We still offer complimentary bottles of water on request.

Victor’s Chef, David Chrystian who participated in the second season of Top Chef Canada, does indeed work with local farmers and seasonal ingredients to deliver fresh and delicious food such as his amazing burger! I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team as such great feedback goes a long way in reminding us that our efforts are truly appreciated.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to your “oldie but goodie” Toronto home.

Best

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We loved this hotel!! The location was great for walking all over the city. The room was a nice size with an awesome shower!! Very large with a huge shower head up above. The bed was very comfy and we really liked the room alot.

We had an issue with the power being out when we arrived, and the manager was very helpful in working with us to refund half of what we paid for the night. He went above and beyond his duty to see that we recieved the refund. He also personally invited us back and offered to see that we get a great room at a great price.

I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure!

Room Tip: Book directly through the hotel and talk to the manager. Hotels.com was not helpful!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nancyjeannem
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I enjoyed a one night stay in Le Germain last week.

I was stranded in Toronto due a flight cancellation (rain) and the Park Hyatt, where I stayed the night before, wanted a silly amount of money for the evening. I was pleased that Le Germain could accommodate me on short notice and without extortionate expense.

The hotel is boutiquey and fun. A few of us sat in the bar for a few hours and enjoyed the crowd, which was subdued but pleasant on a Tuesday evening.

I got a work out in in the fitness center on the 11th floor and got a sound night's sleep. I could ask for nothing more given the situation. The fitness center was simple but adequate. The room very comfortable.

My room was spacious and nice adorned. The shower - with its view of the bedroom (it has blinds) - was the highlight of the room. Both amusing and nicely provisioned.

Overall I had a very pleasant stay and I will head back there when next in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business