“No longer my secret.”

Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer
Ranked #10 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I have been traveling to Toronto for years. I can't remember when this hotel was built exactly. 2002? 2003? Maybe even 2004, but I've been staying here ever since it opened. It was my secret hide-away. My über-cool home away from home tucked away on a little known side street called Mercer.

The people at the front desk have changed over many times but the quality of service has remained the benchmark by which I rate other hotels. The rooms have aged well but will be due for a make over at some point in the next 3 or 4 years. That's not to say they aren't comfortable, clean, and even stylish because they are. You won't be disappointed. It's simply a fact that at this level updates come due after 10+ years.

My only complaint is that this hotel (and in fact the chain) is no longer my secret and getting a room is sometimes difficult.

Ms. Germain, are you reading this? I'm sure I don't book the most annual room nights but I have been a loyal and long time guest known to frequent ALL your hotels. May I suggest a VIP program? One that recognizes not only the guest but those executives that make Le Germain hotels their corporate standard (not to be confused with those who have corporate rates). Call me, I'll tell you about my ideas! :-)

• Stayed: August 2012
Groupe-Germain, National Marketing Director at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Hello CE_at_YOW,

We want to thank you for the review and the feedback you provided. It is clear to us that you travel frequently and we truely appreciate your loyalty over the past years. It warms our heart to see guests, such as yourself, who have been staying with us since our opening in 2003.

We assure you Ms. Germain reads our guest reviews and would love to chat with you about the knowledge you have shared with us and about your ideas. We are constantly trying to improve and can only do so through feedback such as this review. We invite you to send us your contact information by email at cverdone@hotelboutique.com to schedule a call.

Once again, thank you for your insights and look forward our conversation.

Catherine Verdone
National Marketing Director, Groupe Germain Hospitalité

There are newer reviews for Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stay at this Germain property at least twice a month. I hAve stayed at their other hotels in other cities and the other property in Toronto but none can live upto this one. The staff are outstanding from the bellman to the bar to the breakfast staff. The rooms are wonderful, beds super comfy and the earplugs to help with the occasional late night noise across the street are an added bonus The other Germain properties should study this one very carefully and aim to match their service and ambiance. Nothing is too much trouble for anyone and I thank them regularly for their attention to detail.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed at this stunning hotel last week and was very please with the amenities in the area, the quality and care of the staff is top rate ! Will definitely choose this as our hotel of choice next time we are in town. Beautiful glass showers and spacious bathrooms are a definite plus and this place delivered the nicest I've seen in Toronto thus far. Thank you for a beautiful stay !!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
DinoGurusamy, Director Of Operations at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear 408BuisnessGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your comments to our staff .The glass enclosed rain shower is indeed a unique feature and our guests appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Toronto!

Dino Gurusamy

Director Of Operations

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Excellent location and premium service led to a relaxing getaway. Would definitely stay here again on trips to Toronto. Excellent restaurants and entertainment nearby and no need for a car. The service actually made the stay worthwhile. Efficient and friendly without any attitude whatsoever.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights at Le Germain Toronto.

The hotel is very modern and in mint condition, no signs of wear anywhere. Location is great in central down town, just a few minutes walking distance to the subway.

Checkin/checkout was fast and staff was friendly. Our room (deluxe king) was spacious and I specifically liked the large shower with Molton Brown amenities. The bed was also very good (not too hard, not too soft) with very soft linen.

Some things I didn't like so much (although I enjoyed my stay overall):
+) There are night clubs with roof top patios on Mercer Street - you should expect some noise until late night (at least in summer). Although I am sensitive to noise I finally didn't have any trouble with sleeping (which surprised me). Still, people sensitive to music might want to consider this point and check out the other Le Germain hotel in Toronto.
+) You cannot open the windows. Since I don't like air condition and prefer to sleep with open window during summer, this was a minor negative point for me. Anyway, I am not sure if I had opened the window given the loud music outside ...
+) The room was a little bit dark.Stylish and generally I liked the atmosphere in the room, but when we packed our stuff I would have preferred more light. (this was really just a minor issue)

Room Tip: Maybe rooms not facing Mercer street are more quiet. I couldn't verify this, but it is worth a t...
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was the first stop on a 3 week honeymoon across Canada last June. We got a compliementary upgrade for being on honeymoon which landed us a Junior Suite with balcony, giving us a view of the CN Tower. Also provided with complimentary glasses and nibbles and champagne was in the fridge ready to serve! Spent 4 nights there and loved every minute of it, from the rooftop putting green to the tasty breakfasts and excellent location, not to mention the luxurious beds and rainfall shower. Noise was not an issue although we were on the road side of the hotel opposite the local club. It was a great base for exploring downtown on foot and while it not be on the most glamourous of roads, once inside you don't notice!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Tedster25,

Thank you for choosing to start your honeymoon with us. We take great pride in personalizing each of our guests stay and I’m happy to hear that we were able to make your stay memorable . We are indeed located in the entertainment district that allows you to visit the city while never being too far from your comfortable bed. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back; perhaps on your first anniversary?

Dino Gurusamy
Director Of Operations

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were starting a trip of visiting family and wanted an evening to ourselves. What a great hotel choice, great location, fabulous service and wonderful rooms. The bed was very comfortable. We will definitely choose it on our next visit.