“Awesome Asian Sandwich Shop”
Review of Banh Mi Boys

Banh Mi Boys
Ranked #20 of 8,899 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Kimchi fries are great, my favourite dish there. A total new spin on poutine that takes the show. Great sandwiches and flavours. Wonderful and congratulations to the owners and team.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had been salivating ever since I heard of the 'Banh Mi Boys'! I never made it to the Queen St W shop and therefore immensely delighted that they have opened up a branch right on yonge St near the Ryerson; you could not miss it with a huge bright red sign!! It was 1.45pm and we thought the lunch crowd would be gone but we were mistaken, the shop is still buzzing with orders and people. I bit into their 'famous Pork Belly Steamed Bao' and was instantly in food heaven - the steamed bao was like a feathery pillow, so soft and tender, enveloping the tastiest, melt-in-mouth piece of pork belly and the crunchiest vietnamese vegetable pickles - it took my enormous inner/outer strength to resist the temptation of spending the rest of my afternoon, not leaving the shop, but have ' a Pork Belly Steamed Bao Orgy'!!!! My husband's Pulled Pork Banh Mi was 'incredible' and big portion. The Price is right and our stomachs were most grateful. I have already planned out what I am going to try next time already.

1  Thank connie l
Reviewed July 1, 2013

we went here on a Sunday. They open at 12 noon and obviously the locals know this place - a good sign!!! There actually was a lineup which we joined and were definitely NOT disappointed.
The menu is limited: Banh mi sandwiches, Korean tacos, steamed buns and fries to die for!!
The staff is well organized and very efficient in getting orders put together. For anyone expecting 'fine dining' this is not the place. There is very limited seating - seating for approximately 16.
We discovered that getting there before 1 p.m. on Sunday, that the street parking on Queen Street is free which is a 'bonus'. You definitely will not be disappointed with the food here. It is a clean, but very small restaurant - actually so small, that you could pass it by and never notice. Make note of the # on Queen. It's just west of Spadina.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The meat is absolutely TASTELESS. For 8 bucks, you can get a high-quality Hero Burger nearby. Overall, this food store is OVERRATED.

1  Thank WorldTravellerPT
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the duck confit banh mi for $8 and pork belly bao for less than $4. At first I thought the price for the banh mi was a bit high, but when I saw the amount of duck, I found the price more than fair. The pork belly bao was very tasty as well. I actually their version better than the much revered version at momofuku.