“Is this the best sub in Toronto...absafreakinglootely!”
Review of Banh Mi Boys

Banh Mi Boys
Ranked #23 of 8,897 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

How could you go wrong, fresh Vietnamese bun, tasty pork belly, and just enough heat from the sriracha beckons you for another bite. And don't forget the sweet potato fries-killer! Great value!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Hello Fellow Foodies!

I went to "Banh Mi Boys" on a Saturday for lunch and the restaurant was buzzing! Got there around 11:30am and there was already a line-up of about 10-15 people. Apparently, there's line-ups out of the door on weekdays! I liked the simplicity of the menu. The choices were simple...sandwiches, bao, tacos and side dishes (fries). I ordered the pork sandwich with kimchi fries on the side. The prices were very reasonable. It was $4.99 for the sandwich and about $5 for the fries.

Waiting for the food was a real drag. With more than 10 people anxiously waiting for their orders, it took a long time to get my food. I waited about 15 minutes which does't sound like a long time but considering it's not a "sit-down" establishment it felt like forever.

The moment my name was called, I had an uncontrollable grin on my face just seeing the size of the sandwich and kimchi fries. The sandwich was a hefty size (about 8 inches) and the fries came in a massive take-out container. Easy could have shared the sandwich with someone else!

The moment I took a bite of my meal, my first thought was "this is pretty good" but nothing about the food blew my mind. Yes, the bread was soft, there was a good portion on meat in the sandwich and the sauce provided a nice zing, but it didn't make me go "WOW". Same went for the kimchi fries. They were good and different but I wasn't amazed.

Overall, I think "Banh Mi Boy" is worth a try. You will definitely get your money's worth with the large portion sizes and at a reasonable price. However, be prepared to wait in line before your growling gut gets filled.

Happy Eating!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

i'm not generally a fan of meat sandwiches...however, on a food tour of toronto, i was game to try one. it was fantastic! beef, carrots, more veggies and delicious sauce on a WARM bun. yummy and inexpensive (around $6). the only downside? not much seating...so you may need to take your sandwich to go!

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Excellent, tasty sandwiches with fresh ingredients. Kimchi fries were awesome. Everything on the menu was highly recommended by the more seasoned patrons...so my party tried as many dishes as we could. This will be lunch tomorrow...again. Would definitely include this as part of the stops when in Toronto.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was referred here by a Film Festival preview article and have been back at least 10 times in the 6 months since.

This place has amazing bahn-mi sandwiches with a viet-thai flavour and the kimchi fries are to die for!

This is the number one place i would take someone new to toronto to for a quick lunch.

Keep in mind that the place is tiny and the vibe is fast food, but the food is as good or better as you'd get at fancy downtown restaurant. All for $6 per amazing sandwich.

Awesome place.