“One of the best coffees in the city”
Review of G For Gelato - CLOSED

G For Gelato
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: In the heart of the historic St. Lawrence Market, G For Gelato and Pizza Bar serves the finest gelato in Toronto, made with recipes passed down in the Polsinelli family for years. From classic roasted pistachio to creative flavor pairings like coconut basil, blueberry lavender, and London Fog (vanilla and Earl Grey tea), we make our gelato using the freshest ingredients and source many seasonal fruits and veggies from local farmers markets. In our cozy, rustic space, we also serve hand-tossed thin crust pizzas as well as foccacia paninis, frittatas, pastas, and fresh salads. Start your morning with our hand-crafted coffee and espresso drinks paired with a sweet pastry, or sit down and enjoy a leisurely lunch with our house favorite funghi pizza, a white pizza topped with mixed mushrooms, fresh arugula, and a drizzle of truffle oil. Need to bring a taste of Italy to your next celebration or corporate luncheon? We also cater and deliver at your convenience. For a sweet break in your day, sit and stay with us at G For Gelato and Pizza Bar for traditional Italian dishes, quiet conversations, and the best gelato in Toronto. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Every Saturday after my shopping at the St. Lawrence Market I head to this place. The staff is so friendly. The coffee is always made the same way and hot! The gelato is also delicious. The setting is also beautiful. If you can get a chair at the window bar you have a beautiful view of the park.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Having traveled the world and resided in Europe and New York City....I've seen the charm of cities gastronomic amenities....recently I've discovered this charm in Toronto Ontario at a gastronomic delight called "G for Gelato" the gelato is gloriously delicious. The setting is beautiful, overlooking a beautiful park..reminds me of overlooking a mini Central Park. Aside from gelato they have it all.....
gelato, paninis, pizzas, breakfasts, espressos, lattes, cappuccinos, italian juices, Italian sodas,
Fabulous red as well as white wines....I could go on and on.....and with summer a selection of cold beverages...iced lattes iced Americanos, affogato......gotta go I'm late for lunch... I think I'll go to
"G for Gelato" on Jarvis Street in Toronto. Ciao! did I mention desserts

1  Thank Chuckie_be
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The breakfast launched in the new year here is great. Breakfast burrito is a staple. Easily one of the best coffees in the city. Lunch and dinner menu is always consistent and hits the spot everytime. The gelato is a game changer - one of the best in the city. Staff always great. Great place to be

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This café was right near our hotel, so after a day of sightseeing, we ventured in for a light meal and some dessert. Staff was very friendly and helpful with offering selection recommendations. The food menu is not extensive- mostly hand made thin crust pizza and panini's, but everything we had was delicious. The BF had a specialty pizza, my teenage girls split a panini and I had the minestrone soup. We all really enjoyed our food and could tell the ingredients were fresh and well made. Even though it was a bitter cold night, we had to try the gelato. I am still dreaming about it. A wide selection of flavors, unlimited sampling of flavors until we found the right one (or two...okay, three :) This is by far the best gelato we have ever had: rich flavors and very creamy, not that nasty icy feel some gelato's have. And the price was decent: with a full pizza, split panini, bowl of soup, glass of beer and gelato's for everyone the cost was $50. Small, but cozy atmosphere. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Was having my weekly pizza fix at G for gelato when I saw the breakfast menu.
I had the egg and sausage burrito, the wife had the egg white breakfast w/fruit, bacon and cumin home fries!
The cumin was a nice touch!

The burrito had Italian sausage in it, not the typically breakfast sausage you get at the diners. It was delicious!

I would strongly recommend g for gelato for breakfast as well! I would put it up against lil baci, lady marmalade anyday.

J