“NUMBER 2 IN TORONTO SEEMS TOO MUCH”
Review of G For Gelato - CLOSED

G For Gelato
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: In the heart of the historic St. Lawrence Market, G For Gelato and Pizza Bar serves the finest gelato in Toronto, made with recipes passed down in the Polsinelli family for years. From classic roasted pistachio to creative flavor pairings like coconut basil, blueberry lavender, and London Fog (vanilla and Earl Grey tea), we make our gelato using the freshest ingredients and source many seasonal fruits and veggies from local farmers markets. In our cozy, rustic space, we also serve hand-tossed thin crust pizzas as well as foccacia paninis, frittatas, pastas, and fresh salads. Start your morning with our hand-crafted coffee and espresso drinks paired with a sweet pastry, or sit down and enjoy a leisurely lunch with our house favorite funghi pizza, a white pizza topped with mixed mushrooms, fresh arugula, and a drizzle of truffle oil. Need to bring a taste of Italy to your next celebration or corporate luncheon? We also cater and deliver at your convenience. For a sweet break in your day, sit and stay with us at G For Gelato and Pizza Bar for traditional Italian dishes, quiet conversations, and the best gelato in Toronto. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Good gelatobut with only a few unusual flavors, but missing the main ones; food so and so; very good espresso. Staff nice but not always professional. Impossible parking. Still worth a stop, mainly for gelato, but cerainly not number 2 amomg more than 6000 reastaurants in Toronto

1  Thank italcan2013

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Prices have already accounted for taxes and that's make this very affordable. Nice place to drop by after visiting St Lawrence market. Gelato was good one of the better ones. For the price, excellent!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

What a lovely lunch! I set up my mobile office at my downtown garage for the day, while the winter tires were being put on, etc. When I visit the garage from the west end, I don't even try to travel home, or to work in north Toronto: I'd spend half my day stuck in traffic. So, I scheduled a bunch of meetings for downtown, and was taken to lunch at "G for Gelato".

It was so enjoyable, that I grabbed some postcards and have been distributing them to people, including back at the garage, where I walked to, for 25 mins for post-gelato exercise!
We had:
1. Homemade soup - the choice of lentil or bean/pasta, was tasty and NOT overly salty (which is very often the case).
2. Focaccia - with different toppings - was fresh, fresh, fresh.
3. I succumbed to the affogato with the flavour of the week, salted caramel gelato (due to the absence of vanilla). Very fresh! I find that gelato can taste kind of stale, even if it sits around in a refrigerator, after a while. This was not the case.

The food was all delicious and most importantly, not over-salted (did I say that earlier?). There was a super local vibe - students studying at one table, crying baby down at the far end - very informal and welcoming. I remarked to one of the garage staff, that it reminded me a bit of Torino (Turin), where some of my relatives lived for a while.

Would I go again? Sure, if I'm in this part of Toronto.
Would I recommend it? Absolutely.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I would say the best Gelato I've ever had. We tried samples of each flavor, and it was really hard to choose from. They are also tasty. I ended up with the Ferrero Rocher and the cheese cake Gelato. Awesome! The Ferrero Rocher had lots of pieces of the chocolate.
Price is good too. Two scoops came for ~$5.

2  Thank Marco P
Reviewed November 30, 2013

A changing assortment of gelato flavours served in generous portions (if you're there just before they close, you might get an extra generous portion). The pizza looks delicious too, although I've never tried it. The service is friendly and the location is convenient. Definitely worth a stop at this popular establishment.

1  Thank juliandothowatt