“Yummy!”

G For Gelato
Ranked #40 of 8,477 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: In the heart of the historic St. Lawrence Market, G For Gelato and Pizza Bar serves the finest gelato in Toronto, made with recipes passed down in the Polsinelli family for years. From classic roasted pistachio to creative flavor pairings like coconut basil, blueberry lavender, and London Fog (vanilla and Earl Grey tea), we make our gelato using the freshest ingredients and source many seasonal fruits and veggies from local farmers markets. In our cozy, rustic space, we also serve hand-tossed thin crust pizzas as well as foccacia paninis, frittatas, pastas, and fresh salads. Start your morning with our hand-crafted coffee and espresso drinks paired with a sweet pastry, or sit down and enjoy a leisurely lunch with our house favorite funghi pizza, a white pizza topped with mixed mushrooms, fresh arugula, and a drizzle of truffle oil. Need to bring a taste of Italy to your next celebration or corporate luncheon? We also cater and deliver at your convenience. For a sweet break in your day, sit and stay with us at G For Gelato and Pizza Bar for traditional Italian dishes, quiet conversations, and the best gelato in Toronto. We hope to see you soon!
Canada
“Yummy!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I obviously had to try this place because its rated #1! My friend and I went here for gelato the other night and I am glad we did. Got the 2 scoops version which was huge (just over $5) I ordered the vanilla with strawberries and waffles and the chocolate cherry. My friend ordered the salted chocolate and the birthday cake. Very unique flavours!

I would like to return to try one of the pizzas (and of course more gelato!)

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ilovedgreece

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York, New York, United States
“great gelato”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

their gelato was excellent. I had hazel nuts flavor, which in some places i find too sweet but this one was just right. good balance of sweetness and nuttiness. I will go back and try more flavors.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank yumm2011
Toronto, Canada
“Great place for a snack!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I went during a work break for some gelato - it was a great little place to have a coffee and gelato - a surprisingly GREAT combo! They have a lot of flavours to choose from, the Ferrero rocher was great! And the nutella as well! If you check in on facebook, foursquare or twitter and show them, you can upgrade to a bigger scoop of gelato! Don't forget!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank charmocolate
“yum”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I came here with my boyfriend since we were visiting Toronto and I've always wanted to try gelato so it was a good opportunity. We both got strawberry, which was amazing! Tasted like real strawberries. We loved how it wasn't as sickening as regular ice cream, very easy to eat the whole thing without feeling gross afterwards. We came around 9 pm and it was quite busy but we still got a seat by the window, which was fine. I'd definitely come again!

• Visited June 2013
Ontario
“How can they make so many new Gelatos?”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'm amazed each time I visit this location. I go specifically for the grilled vegetable pannis and the coconut Gelato but each time I see a new and amazing flavour. This last visit saw a new Lime and Coconut and pink grapefruit! If you like Gelato this is the PLACE!

• Visited June 2013