“Simply Amazing, Romantic”

Ranked #21 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Cottonwood, Arizona, United States
“Simply Amazing, Romantic”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I tagged along with my BF to Toronto while he had a business trip. I found this Toronto Bed and Breakfast after scouring the internet for some place fun and different, while still keeping hubby close to where his meetings were. This was a wonderful surprise. It turned our trip from a business trip to a romantic getaway

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jordie B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 22, 2012

was at a major downtown convention and this was one of the few places I could get a hotel. It's in an 'alternative' section of town. Some decent places to eat/pubs in neighborhood, but overall a bit sketchy after dark. Room was stiffling hot, so good thing the windows opened. Room cleanliness was just ok. Place will do in a pinch.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Paul D
London, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I will certainly be going back to Victoria's Mansion whenever I am in Toronto. I visit Toronto a lot and have stayed in luxury hotels, student residences, hostels and bed & breakfasts. Nowhere has offered the balance between comfort and price that Victoria's Mansion offers.

The room was clean and comfortable--it had everything I needed. As far as location goes, it's in the heart of Downtown Toronto, so it's close to all the action. To top it off, the neighborhood is safe and as a young woman, I was okay walking by myself at night.

The price was very reasonable, even on a student's budget, and there's a 10% discount for students.

Lastly, the customer service was excellent, even when I contacted them days after my stay.

I enjoyed my time there and have since been recommending it to family and friends ever since. As a mater of fact, I will be going back there at least twice in the next month.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I stayed one night at this BnB. It is situated in a great location, heart of the gay village (at the other end of the street that Fly nightclub is located at) and close to a subway station (Wellesley). Also there are a ton of varied priced restaurants in the area.

I chose the single standard room and it was good and clean. The room had a microwave, fridge and some cutlery and plates/cups - helpful if you are staying for a while. The bed was a bit uncomfortable for me, but not terrible. The bathroom was good, only had 1 piece of soap, so remember to bring your own shampoo/body wash. The room had excellent wifi internet, which was really helpful for someone who was on a business trip.

The thing that was a bit annoying was the extremely curt reception, not friendly at all. Maybe I just caught them on a bad day :) If you are coming after hours, please make sure to notify them, as the main doors are locked and only guests with keys can get in.

Overall, not a bad stay, would stay there again if I had to.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
BennyOntario, Owner at Victoria's Mansion Guest House, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
I very much want to thank the reviewer for these helpful comments. I wish I knew more sepecifics to delve into the staff issue--we certainly will do our best to continue to reinforce how important friendly and courteous interaction is with our guests. We do not get this type of complaint frequently at all and so I am hoping this was an isolated incident. Regarding the soap--I am not sure if the reviewer was aware that we do provide a hair/body shampoo in the dispenser in the shower--I will also look into this to make sure the dispensers are always kept full! Again, many thanks--we cannot imporve our service if we aren't aware of areas that need our attention!
caribbean
Reviewed November 26, 2011

People may think I own a room here by now but I'm clearly a creature of habit and this place works for me..like another reviewer stated..."it's perfect for the independant traveller". I like the idea of having "my keys to the place" and having stayed here over the years I know where most things are and feel very comfortable in the area going about getting things done..I can't say enough about the location..it's perfect where it is..close to so much and yet you don't feel like you're in the middle of the madness. I was pleasantly surprised to see the work that has been done to the hallways & staircases..new hardwood floor surfaces and the runner that has been placed adds a touch of the old victorian style and is great for muffling sound of footsteps and suitcases being rolled along..can't wait to see what other little touches will be added next time I'm there !! Thanks again to the girls on duty who were able to help me stay longer than I had planned to :-)

Room Tip: Rooms on the lower level are not going to have much of a window / natural light coming into them..ta...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank cheap_cheerful7
Alberta
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Victoria's Mansion is great if you are looking for a clean, secure no-frills stay in a convenient downtown location. Although we were not around while reception was open (this was not a problem for us, but may be for others), the staff were prompt and friendly in their correspondence and the rooms were kept tidy the entire time. We had a ground floor room which was comfortable and clean. We'd be happy to support this independent business again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lateharvestgirl
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I specifically asked for a room on the ground floor because I had a heavy piece of luggage. But I was given a single room in the basement (room 3), next to the laundry. The room didn't have much light, so that one could hardly see what the weather was like outside. The bathroom was small and had a very noisy aeration system. There were just coffee facilities, but no tea! Why that?
The wifi didn't work all the time and that was quite annoying. Staff is not that friendly and you hardly see anyone at the reception. TV set very small!
Just the price is ok for the location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo