This hotel was great from start to finish! We wanted a 2 day getaway in Toronto (to see a show and go to a spa) and this hotel didn't disappoint. I signed up for the iPrefer program for free online. This led to us being upgraded to a Luxury room upon check-in. The room was very big and had all the amenities you could ask for. We liked the "walk in closet" concept and the bathroom was HUGE. (complete with soaker tub and heated floor...very cool!)
The consierge was very helpful (Chris was his name) and gave us several good restaurant recommendations in the area. The Senses Bakery was very good (a little pricey but delicious food) and the Senses Bar was a great place to end the evening. (again, a bit pricey but the service was great!)
The location of the hotel was good. All major sites were within walking distance (Eaton Center=10 minutes, Theatre District=5 minutes, etc). The only slight inconvenience was that the closest subway stop was a few blocks away. Not usually a big deal but in the middle of winter in Toronto it's nice to stay indoors in the PATH system as much as possible). We needed a cab to get to our show and Chris the consierge got us the complimentary hotel limo...very nice touch!
Overall the location of the hotel, combined with the excellent service and posh surroundings made this a great place to stay. We got the internet rate which was only $50 a night more than staying at the Marriott or Sheraton (and the room was twice as big as something you would get at those places). We would not hesitate to stay here again for our next trip to Toronto!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SoHo Metropolitan Hotel is simply Toronto's finest, whether you call it a luxury, boutique or design hotel. At once supremely indulgent and artfully subdued, the hotel affectionately dubbed "SoHo Met" is a vibrant scene unto itself. From inspired culinary creations and rejuvenating spa treatments to advanced in-room technologies and innovative business services, a limitless range of sophisticated pleasures awaits you. Whether you are staying for just a weekend or weeks on end, you will quickly realize that one does more than stay at the SoHo Met ... one lives it. The moment you set foot upon the marble floors of the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel in Toronto, you enter a world of exquisite delights and unparalleled convenience, where the hotel's commitment to service and personal attention exceed all expectations. The three story, loft-style penthouse suite and 92 oversized, luxurious guestrooms and suites represent the very epitome of SoHo Metropolitan style. European natural down duvets and triple Italian bed linens grace the luxurious king-size beds. When it's time to say good night, use the smart technology to adjust lighting, motorized draperies and do-not-disturb light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your SoHo Metropolitan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soho Metropolitan Toronto
- Soho Metropolitan Hotel Toronto