“WE BEEN SOHO'D LOL”

Ranked #17 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Sarnia, Canada
“WE BEEN SOHO'D LOL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hotel was very nice. Nice staff, nice location, excellent parking underground ($30) but worth the money as I could leave my room, go to the elevator down to my car and back in about 2minutes. Heated parking and very private. The rooms are great, but mostly the bathrooms are right out of the movies. Double doors, all the best products, robes, great lighting, soak tub, private toilet. Floor to ceiling windows, electronic curtains. Mini mart across the road. Very pleasant. The ONLY thing we can negate? We found a billing for $6.78 tucked away on our Visa. When I called this morning and inquired for what, I was told we had taken a bottle of water from the mini fridge. I told the fella we brought a cooler full of beer and water, and IF i had wanted water I'd have gone to the mini mart across the road and bought a 2litre bottle for $2bucks. I'd never buy a little bottle of water for $6.78. The accounting guy said he'd check with the mini bar manager before refunding the Visa. If we get jacked around, i'll let you know here on trip advisor - but i'll tell Visa to delete the charge regardless. If they argue we DID have the stupid water - my rating for this property falls to a "one."

Room Tip: buy nothing less than a King Premier Room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Small boutique hotel, a little like The Bryant Park in NY. Great location 5 min from CN Tower, theatres, subway. 10 min walk to restaurant row. 30 min walk to "entertainment, mall area". Do not expect big business hotel staff here, they are a little more in the background, nice but not in your face. We are pretty self reliant so this type of hotel suites us fine. Turn down service great! Only complaint was location of the room across from an alley. We did have a peek a boo view of the tower. Ask for a room fronting Wellington, you will get a view of the park as well as a better view of the tower. Definitely would stay here again and highly recommend. Clean, quiet and very nice beds. Heated floors in the bathroom are a pleasant touch.

Room Tip: Ask to be on Wellington side.
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

SoHo Metropolitan Hotel is a little tucked away in a rather nice area.
A wonderful note and fantastic staff. Check in was quick without any problems.
The room was super clean and hat off to the house keeping staff. It was a wonderful size and very nicely decorated.
The location is close to restaurants and in walking distance of front street.

Room Tip: I always prefer higher floors away from elevators.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had an amazing experience staying here ! A little expensive, although the hotel is close to everything.We received help from the concierge, I think his name was Xavier about places to dine, which where all fabulous. The front desk staff where friendly, a girl with short hair checked us in and was smiling the whole time. Cheers SoHo!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Worth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here June 8-10, 2013 for a Blue Jays game. When we pulled up the doormen was extremely helpful and lead us inside. Now I must say, from the outside of the building I was a little worried. The building itself looks slightly old, dirty & indutrial, but when we went inside it was beautiful. The lady at the front desk greeted us right away & asked if we wanted to upgrade to a better room, just had a standard king room, we decided sure why not. The bellmen lead us to our room and I was surprised that this was considered an "upgrade", but it was very nice & I loved the bathroom. I think the bathroom & walk-in closet were probably the upgraded portion of the room. This hotel is approximately 2 blocks from the Rogers Centre, where the Blue Jays played, & you could actually see it from our hotel room window. The staff was incredibly nice & they did not hesitate to exchange our American money for Canadian money, nice convenience. If I had to go back to Toronto, I would definitely stay here again. Happy Traveling!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrsslovestotravel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We recently stayed in Soho for 5 nights. I must say the bathroom (molton brown toileterries )was the only positive that I can point. The room needs some upgrading there was signs of wear . The housekeeping was pretty minimum I noticed that there was no vaccuming done because and I kept seeing the same lint everywhere on the carpet for the entire duration of my stay. The reception staff did not seem like they are happy with their jobs . They wouldnt greet or anything something that they should do at 200 plus a night! They made me feel unwelcome.

I was really disappointed we had issues with finding parking which by the way costs an arm and a leg ! we kept going in circles for 15 mins in the underground and there was none they were either reserved for Budgets car rental or simply occupied . I proceeded to the reception to complain for this inconvenience that shouldnt even HAPPEN because they should make sure that all hotel guests are garaunteed a spot at all times. The guy simply said if the parking is full then its full!! which was completely obsurd and I wasnt going to let that happen . I began expressing visual disappointment so he went down with me and asked me to park it in one of the reserved spots for budget rental under the condition that I remove it in the morning. It was fortunate that it was our last night and surely a disappointing one. I dont think I will be staying there again I simply didnt get value for my money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tinky2012
Fredericton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Booked hotel for a great deal on Groupon. Loved the location, and the modern room. Our only negative was they had no cable, which seemed odd to us. The bed was comfortable, hot tub was great, and we appreciated the turn down service. Overall would highly recommend.