This is a very nice hotel. The lobby is nice and clean. The staff are very professional and helpful. They have doorman and concierge to assist you with your bags and all of your questions. This is not a five star hotel, but I do believe it is a four star, and it definitely meets this standard. It is above average.
The room: The room has a separate tub and shower, heated bathroom floors, a safe, desk and sitting area, wall art, a separate spacious closet area, electronic do not disturb and curtain button. The housekeeping offered us bottled water each morning, which was nice.
The location: If you don't mind walking just a little the location is decent. We were literally under 10 minutes from the CN tower, which was convenient. Our farthest walk was about 25 minutes, and in a metropolis I think walking is to be expected. Cabs are easy to hail, and the concierge is helpful with suggestions and directions. There is also a corner store across the street where you can grab snacks and drinks before or after going out.
Food: Breakfast at the Senses Restaurant/Cafe was disappointing as they only serve breakfast pastries and not other breakfast options (eggs, toast, pancakes etc). However, you MUST try Cora's, which is just across the street. This food is definitely made to order, frest and of great quality. It was absolutely excellent. The line moves faster than it looks.
Service: Our check in was professional, fast and efficient. Our bags were brought up to our room for us without a request. The doorman opened the doors upon each entrance and exit. They are very professional. I will defintely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SoHo Metropolitan Hotel is simply Toronto's finest, whether you call it a luxury, boutique or design hotel. At once supremely indulgent and artfully subdued, the hotel affectionately dubbed "SoHo Met" is a vibrant scene unto itself. From inspired culinary creations and rejuvenating spa treatments to advanced in-room technologies and innovative business services, a limitless range of sophisticated pleasures awaits you. Whether you are staying for just a weekend or weeks on end, you will quickly realize that one does more than stay at the SoHo Met ... one lives it. The moment you set foot upon the marble floors of the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel in Toronto, you enter a world of exquisite delights and unparalleled convenience, where the hotel's commitment to service and personal attention exceed all expectations. The three story, loft-style penthouse suite and 92 oversized, luxurious guestrooms and suites represent the very epitome of SoHo Metropolitan style. European natural down duvets and triple Italian bed linens grace the luxurious king-size beds. When it's time to say good night, use the smart technology to adjust lighting, motorized draperies and do-not-disturb light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your SoHo Metropolitan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soho Metropolitan Toronto
- Soho Metropolitan Hotel Toronto