This was my first stay at the SOHO Metropolitan. Coming in from out of town I had a little bit of trouble finding it but once I did I parked underground and went up to the lobby where I was greeted by a hotel employee who offered to help me with my bags. I wanted to check in earlier than my partner was but because the room was paid for and booked in his name he had to call to leave permission for me to check in early. We were never told though that because I was checking in earlier then he was that I needed to provide a credit card in my name for the deposit. I was upset regarding that because we were never told and I don't understand if the room was paid for in full and they had the credit used on file why that wasn't good enough? Regardless, once we had that straightened out check in was a breeze. Inside the room the bed was huge and super comfy. Loved the bedding and had a great sleep in it. I was disappointed with the set up of the room I thought it could have been much better. The bed faced the opposite wall where the couch was but the tv was off to the right of the bed and you couldn't watch tv from bed. Also, sitting on the couch you had to turn to left in order to see the tv. I thought the positioning of the tv, bed and couch could be better. I would rather lay in bed and be able to watch tv after a day touring the city but I couldn't do that. The bathroom was clean and I loved it. I am particular when staying at hotels with the bathroom but this one I was completely impressed with. Loved the huge shower and soaker tub, the sink and counter space. Room was neat and clean but the only thing that stopped me from giving it a 5 star rating was the room setup and not being able to view the tv.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SoHo Metropolitan Hotel is simply Toronto's finest, whether you call it a luxury, boutique or design hotel. At once supremely indulgent and artfully subdued, the hotel affectionately dubbed "SoHo Met" is a vibrant scene unto itself. From inspired culinary creations and rejuvenating spa treatments to advanced in-room technologies and innovative business services, a limitless range of sophisticated pleasures awaits you. Whether you are staying for just a weekend or weeks on end, you will quickly realize that one does more than stay at the SoHo Met ... one lives it. The moment you set foot upon the marble floors of the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel in Toronto, you enter a world of exquisite delights and unparalleled convenience, where the hotel's commitment to service and personal attention exceed all expectations. The three story, loft-style penthouse suite and 92 oversized, luxurious guestrooms and suites represent the very epitome of SoHo Metropolitan style. European natural down duvets and triple Italian bed linens grace the luxurious king-size beds. When it's time to say good night, use the smart technology to adjust lighting, motorized draperies and do-not-disturb light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your SoHo Metropolitan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soho Metropolitan Toronto
- Soho Metropolitan Hotel Toronto