We loved the SoHo Metropolitan and stayed there Friday and Saturday nights. I am not one for fussy frills, and this hotel was clean, classic luxury. From the gorgeous blown glass flowers in the ceiling before the entrance, to the polished granite walls and floors and natural wood tones, it was beautiful. There appeared to be just a handful of other guests so it was very quiet. Our room faced an inner courtyard of sorts so no street noise.
We saved a little money by parking in the pay lot directly across the street ($50 for w'end instead of $60-$75 at the hotel).
The bedroom was a bit small but just fine for us. I loved the fawn colored velvet drapes with clean lines and the automatic open/close button for them by the bed. The bathroom was amazing as other reviewers had said. Granite and glass with a heated floor option and a floor light for a romantic bath. The closet area was like a walk in closet with blonde wood, a large mirror, and plenty of his/her space.
Only downside was mattress was a bit creaky in one spot and one morning we heard squeal of water pipes briefly.
We loved the breakfast buffet (a bit pricey at $22 but given how expensive Toronto is it was not so bad). They had a very limited amount of dim sum, made blueberry pancakes and great eggs (I had omelet with goat cheese and spinach), fantastic OJ, coffee and pastries. Good location with a brisk 10 min walk to subway. Will definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SoHo Metropolitan Hotel is simply Toronto's finest, whether you call it a luxury, boutique or design hotel. At once supremely indulgent and artfully subdued, the hotel affectionately dubbed "SoHo Met" is a vibrant scene unto itself. From inspired culinary creations and rejuvenating spa treatments to advanced in-room technologies and innovative business services, a limitless range of sophisticated pleasures awaits you. Whether you are staying for just a weekend or weeks on end, you will quickly realize that one does more than stay at the SoHo Met ... one lives it. The moment you set foot upon the marble floors of the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel in Toronto, you enter a world of exquisite delights and unparalleled convenience, where the hotel's commitment to service and personal attention exceed all expectations. The three story, loft-style penthouse suite and 92 oversized, luxurious guestrooms and suites represent the very epitome of SoHo Metropolitan style. European natural down duvets and triple Italian bed linens grace the luxurious king-size beds. When it's time to say good night, use the smart technology to adjust lighting, motorized draperies and do-not-disturb light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your SoHo Metropolitan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soho Metropolitan Toronto
- Soho Metropolitan Hotel Toronto