“Fantastic !”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West End
Cross street: Queen & Roncesvalles
Transit: Located between Roncesvalles and Triller on Queen Street West.
Reviewed July 15, 2012

From the scent of woodsmoke on entering the cafe, through to the fruit sorbet, the experience at Keriwa is top notch. The staff are friendly and the food is unique. We started with delicious Red Fife sourdough, and appetizers of pork belly, and bison; and moved on to a delicious smoked chicken with blueberries (my companions had pork loin or., duck breast entrees). It was fab! We hesitated as it is very west on Queen, but more than worth the trip by street car.

There are newer reviews for Keriwa Cafe

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We tried Keriwa for the first time this last week and had heard it was good, but even with higher than usual expectations, we were absolutely blown away.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is cozy and rustic with clean and minimalist furnishings and tasteful Native American-inspired decor. The service was down-to-earth and friendly.

As for the food itself, it was nothing short of outstanding. Course after course, bite after tantalizing bite, we were surprised and delighted by the delicious combination of flavours and textures. We started with the bison tongue pemmican and between the four of us, had the rainbow trout, pork shoulder, and bison tenderloin. The dessert was also fantastic. For all of us, the food over-delivered. One of the best dining experiences we've had to date.

A must try.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Great place. Using our beautiful country as inspiration the chefs at Keriwa have developed a savoury and unique menu that makes me want to come back for more. Sourcing local products and presenting them in unique ways made me so happy during this meal. Oxtail perogies were fantastic and I had them at an event and I had to come back for more. Using the teams cultures are inspiration the menu is focused and extremely well executed. My friends rave about the brunch but I haven't had a chance to go yet. Great wine list and the cocktails are superb.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We had bison and pemmican! Bannock was a little different, flat not fluffy like on the rez. One of our friends is a vegetarian and the chef made up a dish just for her! Now that is customer service.
Good service and it was busy. Nice walk back to the Sheraton Centre (5 km).

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I had brunch at Keriwa yesterday and was very impressed by the food. It was interesting and delicious. My friend had smoked whitefish in dill crepes, served with a side of sauteed mushrooms. Both were absolutely delicious, althought the portion was tiny (really an apetizer size). I had the eggs benedict, served on a red fyfe biscuit. The kitchen was willing to accomodate my request for a side green salad instead of hash browns, and the salad was delicious, with slow roasted heirloom carrots in it. My friend and I were still hungry after eating our meals so we ordered the basket of breakfast pastries that we saw on a lot of other tables. The bread, muffin, cookies and croissants were amazing!
My only criticisms would be the small portion sizes, which led to a more costly brunch (as we had to order the pastries to fill us up). With coffee and tea, the tab came to $55 before tip.

1  Thank dct_toronto