“Really good wings, open late late..”
Review of Lou Dawgs B-B-Q! - CLOSED

Lou Dawgs B-B-Q!
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Portland
Transit: 589 King street west location is steps from the King/Portland streetcar stop. 76 Gerrard Street east location is a 5 minute walk from either the College or Dundas subway stations.
Description: Slow Smoked Southern BBQ & Live music! Brunch,Lunch,Dinner,Catering,Sports & Late Night Eats. Locations in Toronto (Near Ryerson University) & Hamilton (At the edge of Hess Village on George Street). Both locations have large outdoor patio seating areas. Franchises Available!
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I usually go for the pulled pork but tried out the wings last night....a late night favourite of mine when in that area...wings were tangy and hot - I love that the kitchen is open at 2am....I think the place is open right through to 4...

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Went for a late night dinner at Lou Dawgs on a Friday night. We sat on the patio which is limited to about 3 two person tables. Street was busy as there are clubs, pubs, restaurants around there. Inside was a little dark and small, like a pub.

Just note that if sitting outside you may be harassed by beggars asking for money. We were interrupted about 4 times, however, despite this we liked the busyness of the street.

Back to the reason we went there...Ribs! Absolutely delicious, smoked to perfection. We also had the wings (whole wings) in hot n honey sauce and they were yummy!

We tried the lou dawg pale ale and another beer as suggested by our waitress and both were light and perfect for a summer night on a patio. Our waitress was great and service was awesome!

This place serves until 4am on Fri/Sat and would be a great pre party or after party pub type dining kinda restaurant.

Would definitely go back to try the pulled pork wHich has been suggested by friends as well.

Overall, good was quite enjoyable and our craving for ribs satisfied!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Came here before a Raptors game one day. It defiantly smells like BBQ in here! Had a pulled pork poutine which was ok, but the smell in there gets over powering after a while. Cool place though if you are all about BBQ and pulled meats.

1  Thank FreedomTraveller1551
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stopped by for brunch. They don't open until 11 on Sunday, not 1030 as advertised. Place was filthy and stank of stale beer and fried grease. Awful. Moved on fast, didn't and couldn't eat.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was going to give this experience 2 "stars" but decided to take my husband's opinion into consideration as well - lucky for "Lou"........... My first time -and probably my last. I expected a much more authentic southern BBQ experience with better quality food and way better execution. First of all we almost decided not to venture in because the entrance is downright "scary". If you summon the courage and open the inside door you enter a basement space that is bone chillin' cold and has that distinctive "cellar" smell, musty and greasy. Dark and cheap looking. We are definitely talkin' watering hole here. If this is supposed to be a trendy and hot King street spot then I'm at a loss to see it. Jack Daniels must be the main supplier here as their posters are about the only ones adorning the walls (put up with staples and thumb tacks). We came on a Saturday for a late lunch and there were two other couples who had occupied the only comfortable looking tables in the establishment. The rest were of the bar stool variety or communal bench seating. My husband had the smoked brisket sandwich with fries and I had the chicken wings with a side of black bean corn salad. The menu ( which was greasy and worn out) described the items in salivating terms like for instance the salad which was supposed to have chipotle/lime dressing and the wings were supposedly slow cooked and "direct from farm"..........the best I can say is that the wings were the largest I have ever seen in my entire life. But then again I have never had BBQ in the States - which is what I dream of experiencing at least once in my lifetime. Up till now the thrill has eluded me. While the hawk-sized wings were large and fleshy they were badly undercooked ( runny pink at the joints) and therefore far from fall-off-the-bone. At the joints the meat was almost raw. What the bird gained in size it definitely lost in flavour. All one tasted was the BBQ sauce - and that was good. Not too sweet and with some depth. But not great, quite one-dimensional. My husband's smoked brisket did have a nice smoky flavour and the bun was better than average. The fries were huge but awful - overcooked with hints of burnt flavour. The little side salad was not made with black beans and was not memorable. Canned corn and canned red beans were thrown together with a bit of chopped red and green pepper - the dressing was so bland I had to ask for salt and pepper - and some hot sauce. Sleeman's on tap made my husbands eyes light up - only to be told after a few minutes that it was not available after all. All in all a very disappointing experience in what I thought was going to be an authentic BBQ experience. This supposedly artisanal, "craft-oriented" neighborhood has let me down many times now. I'd pay up 20% more any day and go to Cibo wine bar across the street at Brandt - or go to "Texas flats" for a much more charming version of "southern rustic" ambiance. A glass of wine and a beer brought this meal to $48.95 with tax - $55 with our tip for the waitress who was really nice and service minded.