“Good junk food option for meat lovers”
Review of Lou Dawgs B-B-Q! - CLOSED

Lou Dawgs B-B-Q!
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Portland
Transit: 589 King street west location is steps from the King/Portland streetcar stop. 76 Gerrard Street east location is a 5 minute walk from either the College or Dundas subway stations.
Description: Slow Smoked Southern BBQ & Live music! Brunch,Lunch,Dinner,Catering,Sports & Late Night Eats. Locations in Toronto (Near Ryerson University) & Hamilton (At the edge of Hess Village on George Street). Both locations have large outdoor patio seating areas. Franchises Available!
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

If you enjoy the occasional meat-induced coma, Lou Dawg's will deliver every time.

Smoked beef brisket sandwich with tons of BBQ sauce? Check. Pulled pork sliders? Check. Home made greasy fries? Hellz yeah.

If any of those ring a bell, then Lou Dawg's will deliver (not literally). You can try to salvage an artery by requesting a whole wheat sandwich bun, but you're not fooling anyone.

Everything tastes as it should, portions are generous and service is usually quick, especially at lunch.

Does not stand out in terms of decor -you're in a basement sitti g on bar height tables but it does have a certain southwest feel to it.

Overall, it's worth a try.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Ok, let's be honest, here: smoked bbq food is either great or it's not. It's all about timing, how it's served, when it's served. If you go to a smokehouse at 11:15 and they opened at 11:00, it will most likely suck.
The first time I went to "legendary" Phil's place, it was absolutely amazing. The second time was awful.
Tonight, three of us went to Lou Dawgs and everything on our plate was really, really good! We all got the sliders trio, so we could get a bit of pork, chicken and brisket to try, and all got different poutines. Again, everything was absolutely delicious! So good in fact, that we will definitively return and hopefully, the second time won't be disappointing because I really would love this hot little place to become a regular place for us to go to in out neighbourhood. We went to the one on Gerrard. I suspect it will be crawling with Ryerson students for years to come. The look of the place is homey and hip, it's extremely affordable and the service wonderful. Go, try it! you will enjoy it. A lot! Oh and they will have a patio very shortly!

1  Thank Justwayne63
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place specializes in poutine, and it's pretty tasty. The slaw isn't anything special, but otherwise, we liked it. The restaurant is in a basement and a had a cool vibe.

1  Thank HolyBattGirl
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I tried this place at the little pop up stand they had at the Toronto Pride parade. some of the best pulled pork sandwiches I ever had. a little expensive though at the pop up stand ($10 for a pop and sandwhich) but it made me want to try their actual restaurant.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was sorely disappointed by this establishment. They had a temporary stand on the street, for the Pride festivities. I purchased one pulled pork sandwich but immediately changed my mind due to hygiene concerns. I asked for my $7 back, but the man (a chubby mixed race guy) refused to do so, telling me to enjoy my sandwich and no refund would be provided. I insisted, he still refused. I walked away slamming the sandwich onto his table. I would not recommend this place due to poor customer service and hygiene. My $7 will only make them so much richer.

5  Thank alyyz