“Being by the mediterranean for a night”

Lisbon by Night Restaurant
Ranked #1,101 of 8,477 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Dundas and Palmerston
Toronto, Canada
“Being by the mediterranean for a night”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were looking for a typical Portuguese and got happily surprised by the menu of this one ! We had the fish rodizio : a huge quantity of grilled fish, about 9 different types, that they just kept bringing at our table. Accompanied by fresh side dishes, very great. I also recommend the house wine, one of the first time here that the house wine is not the vinegar-ish one but a smooth rounded one.
Frankly, this place is nice, not pretentious, good food and it is the kind of place where you can eat slowly and spend a good time while enjoying good fish. I highly recommend this place if you are not looking for a glamorous thing.
Enjoy !

1 Thank Urliberlu

Toronto, Canada
“Went for my Birthday and loved it!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My boyfriend took me here for my birthday. We were the only two in the restaurant! He joked that he paid for it to be empty but I guess they're slower on weeknights.
We had a table by the window and saw the CN Tower lit up. Very nice.
We had a large platter of seafood which was amazing. The server kept checking on us which was nice. We ordered a bottle of wine and had a lovely evening. We had coffee with liqueur after and dessert. I enjoyed myself and would like to go back. They have a dance floor but we didn't dance being the only two there. Haha.

• Visited April 2013
Toronto
“Decent food, subpar service”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was my first time at the restaurant. The atmosphere was nice with dimmed lights and live music. I felt the wait staff were just going through the motions and counting down until the night was over. There weren't any smiles and it was hard to hear what our waiter was saying. Also, they seemed to be understaffed because our waiter would also go behind the bar to make drinks. It took forever to get water refilled.

The food was decent. My wife and I both had seafood dishes and they were tasty, but not amazing. The best part of the meal was the port, which was a good price and a generous serving.

Toronto, Canada
“BUT THEY CHARGE $2 FOR A SLICE OF LEMON WITH HOT WATER FOR EACH OF US !!!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

just had their winterlious menu...the location and atmosphere is not too bad.
the main dish is a bit over burned which i can accept it for the price.
BUT THEY CHARGE $2 FOR A SLICE OF LEMON WITH HOT WATER FOR EACH OF US !!!
I asked nicely to fix the bill and they still insist to charge everyone by saying it's "lemon water"
I don't know whether I am cheap or the restaurant. Never want to go back again.

2 Thank maggie k
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing quality - Winterliscious 2014”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

First, I'd like to say that the menu option for both lunch and dinner is what attracted me to this location. I had originally wanted to plan a dinner, but given the location and the friends meeting me, we opted for lunch instead on a weekend.

The location, the atmosphere and the staff were excellent. Now in terms of the food, I can only say that everything melted in my mouth. I loved every bite I took and would do it again!

For those interested with a few days remaining, I had the Cod fish & Shrimp Croquets, Veal a Madeira and ended it with a perfectly rich and sweet Creme Caramel.