“Fish Rodizio - its the little things that count!”

Lisbon by Night Restaurant
Ranked #982 of 9,134 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Dundas and Palmerston
Description: Lisbon By Night Restaurant, established in 1947, is a little bit of Portugal in downtown Toronto. Tucked away from the busy streets, you will be transported to Europe, with its authentic cuisine and live music. Whether it is for a romantic dinner or a special function, Lisbon By Night can accommodate up to 100 people. With two floors and only one door you can come and discover what Portugal in Toronto has to offer from its century old culinary art. LBN is famous for its seafood platters and the all-you-can-eat fish rodizio. Come and try a giant platter of seafood with lobster and crab or eight courses of fresh fish served with rice and beans, potatoes and tomato salad. You may also reserve the third floor banquet hall which is perfect for a wedding, anniversary or a birthday party with a beautiful view overlooking downtown Toronto.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Order: Fish rodizio - servings of fish soup, fried fish (perch?), salmon, 2 others I could not figure out, octopus, calamari, mussels, shrimps, with a slice of grilled pineapple.
What I liked: Ambience, live entertainment (one-man band), service, a belly full of food
What ruined it for me: the dessert - over grilled measly pineapple slice. We buy pineapples all the time and to be served such a badly cooked piece was the ultimate insult.
My rating on the quality of the food: 2 out of 5
Would I go again: No, but it was worth a tryout and it was definitely a belly full.

2  Thank jcardozo

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I went back to the restaurant as I promised. (Dec/08/2012)
Because I had a family member here in vacation, I decided to introduce to her this charming restaurant...I took her for a dinner there, and was the best decision I made. She was really happy with the food and service, and so do I and my friend. Suzanne was there and recognized us from miles (me and my friend), and came to serve us right away with a big smile. She made us laugh all the time, and she was always attentive to all the customers. First, my niece wanted to have some Portuguese dish that was not in the menu, and Suzanne was able to make the kitchen do it for my niece (WOW!!!). Of course this is not possible every time we go there, but was really nice to see their flexibility. The food was excellent and I could clearly see, all customers happy in the restaurant. We ordered again the sangria, and was fantastic, and some caipirinhas as well (Brazilian famous cocktail). I would recommend the restaurant to cut into smaller pieces the lime for the caipirinhas. To be more original and in the way it is served in Brazil.The night I went there, the restaurant was packed of people of different nationalities, and all happy and enjoying the food.
Please give yourself a chance to try something different and to have a sample of Lisbon in Toronto.
Don't forget to meet SUZANNE, the fantastic and happy employee of this cozy restaurant. If you have any question, please feel free to ask me, by sending me a message here. Enjoy!

5  Thank uncleddie
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Rodizio is a traditional-Brazilian style smorgasbord where a selection of meats is brought around table to table and customers select which meats they'd like to try. At Lisbon By Night, the Portuguese owners put their own twist on it by serving a selection of fish. The fish is excellent in terms of both quality and flavour. And the price is unbelievable for what you get. For any fish-lover who visits Toronto, the fish rodizio at Lisbon By Night is a must!

2  Thank MumOf2Mississauga
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Coming from Florida last month on the way to Winnipeg we had a few hours to kill so we were picked up at the airport and went for a very quick dinner which turned out to be as good as expected to be.Amaizing food and great stuff.Keep up Adelia

2  Thank Arnaldo C
Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you want to experience authentic Portuguese food, this is the place to go. Fresh fish and seafood. All you can eat fish dinner, which includes tiger shrimp and calamari. Fantastic Portuguese style bread and cheeses. The wonderful desserts, espresso and after dinner drinks. Great selection of Portuguese wines. If you like meat, there's that too. The service is great, prices are very good. Live entertainment as well. A lot of fun. Next best thing to dining in Portugal.

2  Thank Joe S