“OKAY FOR THOSE WHO LOVE SEAFOOD”

Lisbon by Night Restaurant
Ranked #1,146 of 8,650 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Dundas and Palmerston
Grimsby, Ontario CANADA
“OKAY FOR THOSE WHO LOVE SEAFOOD”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My family and I had supper here recently. The restaurant is on the second floor of a non descript building in the heart of Toronto's Portuguese community. I was told this restaurant has been here for the last fourty years, and I doubt it has been renovated since then. The decor is decidedly dated with heavy ceiling beams, dark colours, tables jammed close to each other.
Most of the patrons fall into the older age group, as this is not a place which would attract a hip, younger clientele. However if you love fish and shellfish, this is the place for you. For a mere $25, you will get a huge dinner consisting of bread, soup, potatoes, simple salad, six different types of grilled fish, octopus, squid, shrimps...as well as a pineapple desert.
The other choice I saw many of the other diners choosing was a seafood platter dish set on a small open flame. This went for about $80/2 persons, but it was a lot of food. I found the food quality okay, and the food was prepared more in the style of home style cooking, nothing fancy here. The food presentation was average. What was excellent was the service and attentiveness of the wait staff.
So if you love an all you can eat seafood dinner for a cheap price, and you are not too fussy about where you eat it or the beauty of the presentation, then Lisbon by night might be for you. It is good for families and friends, but for a romantic occasion, I would splurge on a nicer venue.

• Visited October 2012

Toronto
“My long and honest review”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I just got home from this charming Portuguese restaurant for my first time, and was way more than I was really expecting. The food was great, and the portions served were just right. We were two people and decided to share our food, so we could have a chance to sample different dishes. I know well Portuguese food, and I complaint a lot about the quality of the Portuguese food here in Canada (restaurants). This restaurant is one of the few Portugueses restaurants with quality of service, and food quality. Our server " SUZANNE" was E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T, she really made our day with the high level of customer service, dedication, professionalism, and flexibility to change or add orders. WOW!!!!
The food was so good that I will share one picture of the way I left my plate (ahahahah)...The prices are fair for the service provided by them. I will definitely return to the restaurant, and I strongly recommend this place. Of course it is not 100% like the food in Lisbon, but the chef in the kitchen (or whoever is responsible for the food in the restaurant), is doing a very good job to make clients happy with their business. It is really a good way to enjoy Lisbon in Toronto.
I went there for the fish rodizio, wich is a kind all you can eat bbq fish, a la carte. Unfortunately, I was late and it was not available anymore...Oh the SANGRIA, was superrrrrrrr, the best I ever had in CANADA....I ate (sharig with my friend): Sopa de peixe e camarao ( fish soup with shrimp), Bacalhau a Bras ( Codfish at Bras style), Bife a Portugalia ( steak Portugalia), everything was superb...Also we tried some smalls appetizers ( Codfish cakes and shrimps patties), but I did not like much, I can get better in some other places...The bread they serve is good! The desserts are good as well, I tried the Pudim Flan (custard puding) and Natas do ceu ( whip cream and cookies kind of dessert).
My table was by the window, and was fantastic to watch the urban life style at Dundas West, inside of a well decorated place. I do not think it is a good place for elderies or people with disability, because the restaurant is on the second floor (I guess), and it has long stairs to climb. I did not pay attention about elevators or some kind of option for people in wheelchair.
ENJOY!!!!

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank uncleddie
Mississauga, Canada
“nice”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This place is nice, the all you can eat fish dinner was good. I just found that the fish just to boney, we spent a lot of the time picking bones out of our teeth. The staff were very nice and caring. True portuguese food and atmosphere.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank yyzhnl
Toronto
“Good for Canadians, but short of the authentic”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My wife and I had been to fado houses in Lisbon, most notable Senhor Vino, which I highly recommend. So to celebrate our anniversary I figured we could do the same here in Toronto. Te food was good, and not expensive. The service was AMAZING, Susana (I think) was an amazing waitress, super nice, helpful, etc. No complaints about the food. It isn't Portugal, but hey, when you live in canada unfortunately you never get as good as the original, that's a result of living here. This rule applies to foods from all corners of the world. The music was the weak point of the night, although, I must say that it was good, just not as good as the girls I heard in Portugal. The girl (owners daughter) was decent, but the old guy has to retire (and so does his outfit). The guitar players were amazing! I would say if you're looking to replicate an experience you've had in Portugal, don't attempt it, but if you're ok just getting a decent version, then do it. At least the food is worth it.

• Visited April 2012
winnipeg
“Great Portuguese restaurant”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I was in for dinner with my girl friend on the way to Portugal the food was amazing and the staff were all very friendly just like being in Portugal

• Visited March 2012