“ Nice Brunch Spot”

Cuisines: Healthy
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This is a favourite spot for my daughter and I for brunch. Have had brunch here a couple times and always enjoyed the food. The location is also great and it has a very nice patio.

1  Thank H2912412

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Love this place. Nice little basement. I like to see the new art displays evey few months. Good ambiance. Servers are always friendly, though they tend to wander off. It's the kind of place where they will leave you alone to talk or work but occasionally you have to chase your server to find your bill. Food is always great... have been coming here for months and never been disapointed.
Great work!

1  Thank R M
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Then I cannot wait to sample the other gatronomic delights that ZOe's has. What's more is that the good people at ZOe's make you feel at home with great service delivered with a real smile. The menu provides a dish for almost any taste and judging by the soup it will be tasty. In my experience if the basic dishes like soup are good the other dishes will be as well. So if you are ever in Toronto make an effort to go to ZOe's as you will be better than wowed, you will be ZOe'd! I know I was and have to go back for more.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Ran into this place by accident as we were on a day trip in Toronto, walking down King Street. Saw an outdoor patio, and music, so decided to go for a beer. Ended up staying for a couple of hours. The music was so good - JonniX - we even asked for his website as he is apparently only there occasionally. I would definitely call ahead the next time to ask when he will be there - just a one man band but the type of music that everyone would love.

So we decided to order lunch. The menu was fabulous. Lunch was excellent. Our waitress was Callie. She was awesome and spent several minutes answering all of our questions about the music, location, restaurant, etc. I picked up their takeout menu and wrote all information down, just so I could go there again.

There was also a bakery inside. I bought several goodies to bring home. They were also excellent. Just an overall great experience that I would love to do over and over again.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I felt inclined to write a review on tripadvisor, although I have already posted one on yelp:

If I could give this place zero stars, I would.

We arrived just after 10:30am hoping for breakfast. After standing there for 10 minutes someone finally came to seat us. We asked if we could still order breakfast (which ends at 10:30am). They were nice enough to let us. That's where the positive ends.

My fiance ordered scrambled eggs and ham... not 5 minutes into his meal, he noticed these little flies (bigger than fruit flies but an orange/brown colour) drop into his food. About 5 of them dropped into his eggs. He is not the type to cause a scene or complain, but seriously this was flies DROPPING INTO HIS HARDLY TOUCHED MEAL. He picked them out, and moved over to the seat next to him. I called the server over and pointed out to her the flies in his eggs and napkins which were now on the table. She made a half hearted apology and "would be sure to inform someone". WTF does that even mean?

She came to take his plate away when we were "done"- not even acknowledging that he hardly ate anything..nor did I since I was so disturbed. She did not comp anything on the bill or offer to bring him a fresh dish w/ no flies in it.

Talk about brutal service. How would any normal human being not think to immediately offer to take his plate away after I pointed out that flies were dropping from the ceiling/light fixture - whereever they came from!

I left her a big fat NOTHING for a tip and explained to her at that point that there were FLIES in his food and she did not do anything about it. Only then did she give a (probably fake) but lengthy apology and she seemed so spaced out as if this was the first time she'd heard about these flies in the eggs. You have to be an idiot to think it's okay to let a customer continue to eat their meal after flies fell into it, and not one fly but several!

Potential customers: pay attention to these other bad reviews and stay far away from this disgusting establishment with equally disgraceful staff.

1  Thank jsl_00