“2nd Airport stay”

Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Ranked #43 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“2nd Airport stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

After just coming from a tiny hotel downtown, it was such a pleasure to enter into the large room here. The layout was identical to the last room I had and the only difference was that I was facing in a different direction. The desk clerk was nice, the room and hotel spotless, a separate room for the bed with a living room, and large windows. My only little concern was that even though I turned the heating up, it never seemed to circulate beyond the living area--it was a very quick shower the next morning.

One minor difference between this stay and the last one was regarding an upgrade voucher. I booked through a third party website and because I have reserved quite a few hotels with them, I was given a VIP voucher for a room upgrade. Of course, like anything, the fine print always states, "based on availability" but when I checked in it was Christmas Eve and the hotel was far from full (I did ask). However, when I presented the desk clerk with the voucher, he glanced it over, did not mention anything about an upgrade, and at that stage I was so tired, the lobby would have been fine, but was surprised that when I got to my room it was absolutely identical to the one I had before, without any upgrade.

The next morning as I was leaving, I reflected on this and rather than dispute a minor voucher with the new clerk I took it as a lesson learned---I will not fall for this "upgrade voucher" trick again when I reserve with that third party website. Though they may have a partnership with various hotels across the world for this "exclusive" offer, it makes me wonder if anyone really gets an upgrade or if this is just a marketing tool?

Room Tip: All rooms thus far seem good
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank TorontoRobDT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our second stay here and we have been pleased both times. Piam from the front desk gave us great customer service. Because of our first great experience with him we have stayed a second time and will continue to stay here. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bedford, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Overnighted in Toronto on the way back from Iceland. The front desk greeted us with a smile :) and was extremely courteous. Since I work in the travel industry as well we shared a few stories.
She enrolled us in the rewards program (which I'm grateful and will continue to use).
we proceeded to our room which was a very nice suite. The room was clean,comfy,and the bed extremely comfortable. We ordered room service-the service was fast,the food was hot and tasty.
I also read reviews of it being noisy, I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. I'll be using another Radisson property in my future travels. Thanks Radisson

1 Thank Kathy M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed here as a 'power outage refugee' in the week. The check-in was quick and painless. The suite (king sized bed) was clean and the decor was fine. The TVs were new.
Some reviewers complained about the noise but I didn't hear it, and frankly if you're staying near the airport what do you expect?
Didn't use the restaurant but there was plenty of choice around.

Room Tip: The suite cost only marginally more than a regular room and was a big upgrade.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thedford, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Very nice suite, clean and nicely appointed, fridge, microwave and extremely comfortable air controlled mattress. I found the morning continental breakfast lacking, not much in the way of food a few pastries, and coffee that's about it. It is however close to a number of ok restaurants and fast food too, like Swiss Chalet etc. knowing their limitations I would stay there again because the attached restaurant is quite adequate for a full breakfast and reasonably priced.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Conestogo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here before an early flight and used the park, sleep and fly option. There are restaurants nearby and the shuttle service worked well for our needs. The room was clean and comfortable. I always love the sleep number beds!. Great value. Would stay here again.

Stratford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Excellent Welcome at front desk, Reminded me of all options. Room was very clean, loved that the bedroom of the suite was away from the entry door which adds to the quietness. Many eating options in the near vicinity. Clean and comfortable. Only upgrade might be a more modern TV.

Room Tip: Mid-Level room will help to eliminate some aircraft noise but remember; it is an airport hotel.