“This hotel is seriously lacking”

Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Ranked #40 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Hotel room is pretty dated, but the service is just abysmal. The line at the reception moves unbelievably slow because the staff is distracted or slow, not sure. The girl who checked me in answered the phone 6 times, and it was 6 hang ups! The guy who checked in my colleague handed him someone else's club carlsson card. In between this questionable service there are taxi and shuttle drivers butting in front of customers.

• Stayed: January 2013
RadissonTO, General Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,441)

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is located in a nice complex that includes several nice restaurants. The hotel itself has a small restaurant (The Fox Bistro) but the other restaurants are superior. The hotel is clean and quiet. The suites are nice and large with separate bedrooms and beds that allow you to control the softness of both sides independently. The hotel also offers long term parking with your stay. We were able to leave our car there for a week as part of our one night hotel stay. The hotel stay was cheaper than one week's parking fee at the airport so it's like getting a hotel night for free. We didn't bother with the hotel's shuttle service to the airport since we hate waiting around and doing the milkrun to other hotels. We simply took a cab since the airport is just a few minutes away. It was much nicer staying at this hotel the night before we travelled since we didn't have to get up so early and rush around as we would have if we had stayed home. This option allows you to get some rest, be comfortable, be on time and takes care of parking all in one shot.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ColorX
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I didn't expect much when I chose this hotel. The 3 star rating, the look of the building in the pictures (old), etc. But I was pleasantly surprised.

As a Carlson Gold we were upgraded to an executive suite (from deluxe suite, their base room type) with complimentary continental breakfast for two included in the upgrade. I was surprised that they treat Gold members this well. The upgrade had been selected and key cards and breakfast vouchers prepared before we arrived.

The executive suite was located on the private access executive floor which was accessible only by swiping key cards. The upgraded room must be recently renovated and appeared very new. The furniture was very new too. There were two TV's in the suite (CRT TV though) which were very handy when I wanted to watch NBA and gf didn't (obviously).

Bed was sleep number bed. Internet was free and pretty fast.

One thing I want to particularly highlight is that the room was ABSOLUTELY quiet. The heater produced zero noise. And despite being on top floors, planes flying over the building were completely not audible. NO PLANE NOISE AT ALL!

Judging from the renovated room and furniture and the low noise level, I feel it should be a 3.5 star, or even 3.9. :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank silencer-DDD
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were booked at the Radisson due to a delayed flight at Pearson Airport.
We had a very pleasant stay. The room was huge, everything was clean, bathroom with an excellent shower.
The only con I found is that the hotel is a bit outdated. If the property carried a renovation, then it would be perfect
The front desk personnel is great, polite, very helpful.
They taught me how to get to the nearest Walmart by bus, they provided us with a very helpful late check out.
The restaurant is very nice. We ate a delicious lasagna, and the staff was very helpful and polite.
This would be a 5 star review if the hotel wasn't outdated.
And I also should mention they offer free wifi and shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed here because we had a very early flight the next morning and they offered free parking for 15 days. The suite was large and comfortable with a separate sleeping area and a mini bar fridge. Even better was the price and the fact that it came with a free shuttle to the airport. We could have taken a limo to the airport the next morning or driven and parked at the Park'nfly for slightly less, but to do that we would have had to get up at 4 a.m. and drive with the risk of missing our flight.
The hotel is close to the airport and you can walk to a selection of restaurants nearby. They would have provided a simple breakfast in the morning but we had to skip that because the hotel restaurant didn't open until 6 a.m. Instead we picked up coffee and bagels at the nearby 24-hour Tim Horton's and took the short shuttle ride to our terminal.
The staff were pleasant and efficient on check-in and check-out and the car was safe while we were away. We had a 30-minute wait for the shuttle upon our return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanoCanada
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was easy to find and close to the airport . Some of the front desk staff are more pleasant to deal with then some of the others. I had booked the room with a credit card that I had lost before going to check in so I said I would like to pay for my stay by cash or debit . At first they weren't even going to honor the resevervation then they decided to use my debit and take a deposit on it, which was fine with me. But paying for the room this way they do not allow you to use the phone in room. The room itself was a good size and really clean. The sleep number beds were comfy when you got the right number. The pull for the shower was all seized up and didn't allow us to have showers . In the living room area they have a coffee table with a piece of glass covering it - I found it to be alittle dangerous because my year old son was able to slide it almost off the table - and even myself trying to relax watching tv and put my legs up it moved I thought for sure I would see it crash down.
The shuttle service was O.K . . There was quite a wait at the hotel and at the airport . The man who picked us up from the hotel was quite helpful as me and my mother had four pieces of luggage and my one year son . He helped us load and unload our luggage and even helped my mom track down a cart at the airport before leaving. I cannot say the same about the man who picked us up after our trip he wasn't in a good mood and made us lug our luggage while holding a baby.
We ate at the restaurant in the Radisson a couple times the people in there are extremely nice . The salads were really fresh and the French onion soup was good - we tried a couple other things on the menu that weren't as good.
Overall my stay wasn't horrible they just have a few kinks to work out in the hotel.
On my next flight I would consider staying at the Radisson again but will be checking out the reviews of other hotels close to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here Oct 15 for 1 night for a conference next door. It was clean and roomy. Check in was good. There was no waits for elevators.

There was noise from palnes. There was no food in the vending machines. I had to walk outsdie and down to Subway to get a snack. The breakfast in the executive lounge was just okay. Nothing special.

I booked the room on the Radisson website. The price was good at $140 including breakfast. The location was good for my purposes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto Airport
Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre

Been to Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!