Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$229
$113
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
1,471 results
All reviewsswiss chaletfox bistrothe congresstim hortonsseparate bedroomtoronto airporttrade showpark and flyliving areashuttle servicefree shuttleconvenience storeother hotels in the areaone night staycontinental breakfastmini fridgechecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was easy to find and close to the airport . Some of the front desk staff are more pleasant to deal with then some of the others. I had booked the room with a credit card that I had lost before going to check in so I said I would like to pay for my stay by cash or debit . At first they weren't even going to honor the resevervation then they decided to use my debit and take a deposit on it, which was fine with me. But paying for the room this way they do not allow you to use the phone in room. The room itself was a good size and really clean. The sleep number beds were comfy when you got the right number. The pull for the shower was all seized up and didn't allow us to have showers . In the living room area they have a coffee table with a piece of glass covering it - I found it to be alittle dangerous because my year old son was able to slide it almost off the table - and even myself trying to relax watching tv and put my legs up it moved I thought for sure I would see it crash down.
The shuttle service was O.K . . There was quite a wait at the hotel and at the airport . The man who picked us up from the hotel was quite helpful as me and my mother had four pieces of luggage and my one year son . He helped us load and unload our luggage and even helped my mom track down a cart at the airport before leaving. I cannot say the same about the man who picked us up after our trip he wasn't in a good mood and made us lug our luggage while holding a baby.
We ate at the restaurant in the Radisson a couple times the people in there are extremely nice . The salads were really fresh and the French onion soup was good - we tried a couple other things on the menu that weren't as good.
Overall my stay wasn't horrible they just have a few kinks to work out in the hotel.
On my next flight I would consider staying at the Radisson again but will be checking out the reviews of other hotels close to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here Oct 15 for 1 night for a conference next door. It was clean and roomy. Check in was good. There was no waits for elevators.

There was noise from palnes. There was no food in the vending machines. I had to walk outsdie and down to Subway to get a snack. The breakfast in the executive lounge was just okay. Nothing special.

I booked the room on the Radisson website. The price was good at $140 including breakfast. The location was good for my purposes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

What is the use of "Sleep Number" beds if the hotel does not do everything in its power to make sure you get between the sheets as speedily as possible? 40 minutes had elapsed from the time I called from Toronto airport for the shuttle and when we actually arrived at Reception. The whole purpose of staying there was to have a brief time to rest, and hopefully sleep, between a trans-Atlantic flight from Manchester, U.K. and a trans-continental flight a few hours later to Vancouver. Problems were exacerbated by non-delivery of one suit-case and inability to find airport hospitality phones linking airport to hotels. Admittedly, neither of those are due to Radisson's incompetence, that rests squarely on Air-Transat's shoulders and of the geniuses at Toronto airport who do not put courtesy phones in plain sight, as is the case at Manchester Airport, or Vancouver Airport where a bank of such phones are by the carousels for arriving luggage.
And guys, yes, you three who man the bus ticket desk, your ignorance and don't care attitude was appalling. "Selling tickets is what I'm paid to do, I don't care or know about anything else around here" seems to sum up your attitudes. Way to go guys, you are great ambassadors for Toronto. The Airport Authority needs to apprise all employees who interact with travelers that customer service begins the moment a question is asked, and all avenues should be explored to arrive at answers. Throwing up one's hands is not an option.
But I digress, Radisson's short-sighted policy of not responding to guests' requests for shuttle service, but instead adhering to a time-table - and sharing the shuttle with a couple of other nearby hotels, meant that while we waited in a cold wind, shuttles for the Delta, Westin and other hotel chains passed us, not once, but twice. This is unacceptable. What Radisson thinks it may save in gasoline it loses in client goodwill. I write this in spite of the fact that I am a Carlson Club member. I would recommend to Radisson Suite Hotel that it drop this self-defeating policy of pick-ups only at stated times from the airport. By all means have a schedule for departures TO the airport, but guest comfort and goodwill should come ahead of ill-advised attempts to save a few dollars. The hotel's "arrangement" with other chains limits its flexibility, but guests need to be picked up at the airport as quickly as possible.A guest who has to wait over 30 minutes will arrive in the hotel annoyed. In our case, our rest stop at the Radisson Suite Hotel was shorter than we wanted or needed. The shuttle is a large bus that apart from us was empty. Why not have smaller buses and be more flexible re pick-ups?
And Tripadvisor, please change the headings below. Instead of "Couples" with the heart and arrow, why not just have "Leisure?" Couples could be travelling to funerals or to be with family or friend who are ill. It is reductive to assume that all couples' trips have solely a romantic purpose.
My ratings below reflect the fact that the hotel's shuttle service failed us when we needed a speedy transfer to the hotel, thereby reducing both the quality of our rest and its duration. All other facets of the hotel's service were excellent, check-in and out, as well as the restaurant, though it was surprisingly slow sending out our orders - delicious - in an almost empty room.

Room Tip: Unless and until the hotel changes its shuttle pick-up policies from Toronto Airport, grab a taxi. Costs you more but will save in frustration and having to endure a long wait, and Toronto becomes extremely cold in winter. The Radisson might not have to offer such good deals if it had a better shuttle service, just a thought........
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was there the weekend of November 2/3rd, 2012 for a conference.

First of all, I was surprised at the proximity of the Toronto Congress Centre. It is literally a 2 minute walk from there. Unfortuntely, I did not have time to visit the onsite bar/restaurant.

The room was extremely comfortable, a TV in the living room and another in the bedroom; controlled my own unit temperature, super comfy king bed, bar fridge and bar sink in the room, desk and lamp for my office work at the end of the day (facing the TV) The room was very clean, the spray just right in the shower and plenty of nice big towels in the bathroom. Also a large vanity and mirror for makeup, drawer for toileteries and a hair dryer... all to use while someone else may be in the shower.

There were many take out or eat in "eateries" within 10 minute walk.. I didn't have time to check out any shopping.

Everything was super quiet, enough to hear a pin drop. The gentleman at the front desk was super helpful when it came time to check out. He gave me the shortest route to get to my destination. One evening, he even called me a taxi, asking how much it would cost, even though I did not ask him to do so. The hotel even offered to hold my suitcases after checkout until people returned for them. This man was very detail oriented.

There was a business centre which I did not require to use that weekend but did visit. Computer and printer available should one need it. I don't remember what other ameneties were available.

I will be returning for the conference next year for sure.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room next to the elevator shaft. There is a constant humming noise 24/7. Not loud enough to keepy me awake but may be may be annoying for some.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Christine L
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were looking for a night out and a reasonable place to stay, and the Raddison Airport had some specials for their rooms. We were able to book a suite with a private floor, with separate living room, bar, and a King Air Sleep Bed, plus the parking was included, a breakfast the next day, plus a free movie of our choice that night and use of their Club lounge. Easy check in, pleasant staff, large clean room, all as advertised. We plan on doing this more often as the price was under $130 for the night.

Room Tip: Always check online to see what is available, and join the Carlson Club which is no charge to recieve more discounts and upgrades for free.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple