“Weekend Holiday”

Ranked #41 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Weekend Holiday”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was there the weekend of November 2/3rd, 2012 for a conference.

First of all, I was surprised at the proximity of the Toronto Congress Centre. It is literally a 2 minute walk from there. Unfortuntely, I did not have time to visit the onsite bar/restaurant.

The room was extremely comfortable, a TV in the living room and another in the bedroom; controlled my own unit temperature, super comfy king bed, bar fridge and bar sink in the room, desk and lamp for my office work at the end of the day (facing the TV) The room was very clean, the spray just right in the shower and plenty of nice big towels in the bathroom. Also a large vanity and mirror for makeup, drawer for toileteries and a hair dryer... all to use while someone else may be in the shower.

There were many take out or eat in "eateries" within 10 minute walk.. I didn't have time to check out any shopping.

Everything was super quiet, enough to hear a pin drop. The gentleman at the front desk was super helpful when it came time to check out. He gave me the shortest route to get to my destination. One evening, he even called me a taxi, asking how much it would cost, even though I did not ask him to do so. The hotel even offered to hold my suitcases after checkout until people returned for them. This man was very detail oriented.

There was a business centre which I did not require to use that weekend but did visit. Computer and printer available should one need it. I don't remember what other ameneties were available.

I will be returning for the conference next year for sure.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room next to the elevator shaft. There is a constant humming noise 24/7. Not loud en...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Christine L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were looking for a night out and a reasonable place to stay, and the Raddison Airport had some specials for their rooms. We were able to book a suite with a private floor, with separate living room, bar, and a King Air Sleep Bed, plus the parking was included, a breakfast the next day, plus a free movie of our choice that night and use of their Club lounge. Easy check in, pleasant staff, large clean room, all as advertised. We plan on doing this more often as the price was under $130 for the night.

Room Tip: Always check online to see what is available, and join the Carlson Club which is no charge to reciev...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SILVER SPRING
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel itself was beautiful, the location excellent. The room was clean and the service was excellent except for one night when we try to change the room an we ended up paying for extra room we didn't need. The gentleman who was at the desk was not very helpful and rude a little bit. Otherwise everyone was very good and the hote was really excellent and I would highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed November 2012
Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed at the Radisson Suite on Thursday Oct. 25th upon our return from Cuba. This is our first time at the Radisson and we loved it. The room was absolutely beautiful with a separate 'bedroom' area and the pullout couch in the sitting area. We had a great overnight sleep in a comfortable bed and headed out the next day. My husband enjoyed a great omelette breakfast in the restaurant while I slept in (LOL).
We had booked the 'stayover' deal on line and paid $150.00 with all taxes before we flew to Cuba. We got the room and a weeks parking....great deal and a great place. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this location. Tim Hortons just outside the front door of hotel and very close to the 401 East & West exits for leaving the city.
P.S. I had read in a past review that someone came back from their holiday and their car had been stolen from the parking lot....we DID NOT have this problem.
Thanks...hope you enjoy the Radisson as much as we did :-) .

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor...great location...did not hear any planes on this floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank turtleshell_10
Levittown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 21, 2012

A work buddy of mine and I traveled by car from Philadelphia to Toronto to see Rush at the Air Canada Center on October 14th. We booked two rooms for two nights via Priceline, requesting non smoking rooms.

After a long ride to Toronto we arrive at the hotel in a rain storm at around 9:00pm. We find parking in the smallish parking lot and walk into the hotel in the driving rain. We get to the check in counter to check in and I we are told that they don't have any non smoking rooms left and have been assigned smoking rooms. This was an unacceptable situation and expressed my displeasure to the clerk. I explained that I was going to leave and go to another hotel when he said "I will steal a non smoking room from someone else".

I was assigned room 609, non smoking but right next to the elevator. Overall the room was pretty nice with a separate sitting area, bedroom and bathroom. Room was clean and the bed was a very comfortable Sleep Number bed. Room could use a bit of an update as the alarm clock, phone and TV's were all straight out of the mid 90's.

The hotel did offer WiFi access but the connection in room 609 was very much hit or miss and found it really only worked for me when sitting on the bed. I did walk down to the check in counter to ask about the WiFi and the clerk called his support staff and put me on the phone with them. The problem was not my devices (iPad, laptop and wifi enabled phone all demonstrating the issue) and I told the support person that they probably needed to restart their router/access point. Not too big a deal as we were not n the hotel too much, just to sleep.

The area surrounding the hotel was nice with a SubWay, Tim Hortons and a sit down restaurant just a few steps outside of the hotel lobby.

So, overall an average hotel and an average stay. I would probably not stay there again and instead find something a bit nicer next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sun K
London, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was glad we only had to stay here one night! The best thing about this hotel was that we could park our car for 15 days. When you park your car, heed their advice and back it into a spot - in case you get a flat tire like we did. One of the reception staff was kind enough to offer his tire inflator but CAA came earlier than we expected! The room was musty smelling and tired - it needs a makeover. When we opened the cupboard door to access the mini fridge, it came off its hinges! This hotel is further away from the airport but a shuttle is available to take you to the airport and pick you up on your return from S-5 at terminal 1.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I decided to use some of my hotel points and stayed here the night before a morning flight. The location is perfect--close to airport with a free shuttle and literally steps outside the door there are several restaurants and a Tim Hortons coffee shop, full service. The hotel has a restaurant too that I ate at which served delicious food, much to my surprise, but I think the other places nearby capture all the business because there was just myself and one other guest there.

The check-in was fast and the front desk agent polite but not overly friendly. I got to my room and it was spacious with a living area, bathroom area, separate bedroom and two large windows. I was impressed by the space but like most airport hotels, I think they are used so much that the wear and tear was easily visible. The carpet inside the suite was looking a bit worn and the furniture as well but it was spotlessly clean which is the most important factor for me for any hotel. Wireless internet was complimentary and it worked like a charm plus there was a free national newspaper each morning.

The morning of my departure going down the elevator to get my Tim's, another guest got on with me at floor 8 (I was on 9) and then the elevator got stuck between floors 4 and 3. It was not long, just about two minutes and though we pushed every button, nothing happened but eventually it started up again and we got to the lobby. Concerned for other guests the other gentleman and myself decided to report this immediately to the front desk person. We suggested that perhaps that elevator be taken out of service until it was looked at but he said things would be fine and we were dismissed much to the suprise of my elevator mate and me.

This would be the only negative thing I would have to point out about this hotel. Because it was clean, the room spacious and with it being so close to the airport I would not hesitate to stay again though I do wish that the front desk clerk had taken the elevator concerns a bit more seriously.

The very positive note on my stay was the extremely polite, courteous, freindly and helpful shuttle bus driver. I was going for a one week cruise so my luggage was a bit heavy and he insisted on storing it in the bus for me and taking it out when we got the airport---an excellent demonstration of customer service with that driver alone.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites so I think you will get a good one regardless of where you are placed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo