“Weekend Trip To Toronto”

Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Ranked #40 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 21, 2012

A work buddy of mine and I traveled by car from Philadelphia to Toronto to see Rush at the Air Canada Center on October 14th. We booked two rooms for two nights via Priceline, requesting non smoking rooms.

After a long ride to Toronto we arrive at the hotel in a rain storm at around 9:00pm. We find parking in the smallish parking lot and walk into the hotel in the driving rain. We get to the check in counter to check in and I we are told that they don't have any non smoking rooms left and have been assigned smoking rooms. This was an unacceptable situation and expressed my displeasure to the clerk. I explained that I was going to leave and go to another hotel when he said "I will steal a non smoking room from someone else".

I was assigned room 609, non smoking but right next to the elevator. Overall the room was pretty nice with a separate sitting area, bedroom and bathroom. Room was clean and the bed was a very comfortable Sleep Number bed. Room could use a bit of an update as the alarm clock, phone and TV's were all straight out of the mid 90's.

The hotel did offer WiFi access but the connection in room 609 was very much hit or miss and found it really only worked for me when sitting on the bed. I did walk down to the check in counter to ask about the WiFi and the clerk called his support staff and put me on the phone with them. The problem was not my devices (iPad, laptop and wifi enabled phone all demonstrating the issue) and I told the support person that they probably needed to restart their router/access point. Not too big a deal as we were not n the hotel too much, just to sleep.

The area surrounding the hotel was nice with a SubWay, Tim Hortons and a sit down restaurant just a few steps outside of the hotel lobby.

So, overall an average hotel and an average stay. I would probably not stay there again and instead find something a bit nicer next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sun K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,440)

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was glad we only had to stay here one night! The best thing about this hotel was that we could park our car for 15 days. When you park your car, heed their advice and back it into a spot - in case you get a flat tire like we did. One of the reception staff was kind enough to offer his tire inflator but CAA came earlier than we expected! The room was musty smelling and tired - it needs a makeover. When we opened the cupboard door to access the mini fridge, it came off its hinges! This hotel is further away from the airport but a shuttle is available to take you to the airport and pick you up on your return from S-5 at terminal 1.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I decided to use some of my hotel points and stayed here the night before a morning flight. The location is perfect--close to airport with a free shuttle and literally steps outside the door there are several restaurants and a Tim Hortons coffee shop, full service. The hotel has a restaurant too that I ate at which served delicious food, much to my surprise, but I think the other places nearby capture all the business because there was just myself and one other guest there.

The check-in was fast and the front desk agent polite but not overly friendly. I got to my room and it was spacious with a living area, bathroom area, separate bedroom and two large windows. I was impressed by the space but like most airport hotels, I think they are used so much that the wear and tear was easily visible. The carpet inside the suite was looking a bit worn and the furniture as well but it was spotlessly clean which is the most important factor for me for any hotel. Wireless internet was complimentary and it worked like a charm plus there was a free national newspaper each morning.

The morning of my departure going down the elevator to get my Tim's, another guest got on with me at floor 8 (I was on 9) and then the elevator got stuck between floors 4 and 3. It was not long, just about two minutes and though we pushed every button, nothing happened but eventually it started up again and we got to the lobby. Concerned for other guests the other gentleman and myself decided to report this immediately to the front desk person. We suggested that perhaps that elevator be taken out of service until it was looked at but he said things would be fine and we were dismissed much to the suprise of my elevator mate and me.

This would be the only negative thing I would have to point out about this hotel. Because it was clean, the room spacious and with it being so close to the airport I would not hesitate to stay again though I do wish that the front desk clerk had taken the elevator concerns a bit more seriously.

The very positive note on my stay was the extremely polite, courteous, freindly and helpful shuttle bus driver. I was going for a one week cruise so my luggage was a bit heavy and he insisted on storing it in the bus for me and taking it out when we got the airport---an excellent demonstration of customer service with that driver alone.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites so I think you will get a good one regardless of where you are placed.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TorontoRobDT
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed here for just 1 night to be close to airport. Room was actully 2 room suite with a fully, well equipped living room and king sized bed in bedroom. Room was clean and comfortable. Bistro food was very good. Staff were all friendly. Free transfer to airport on schedule.
The rate was great, in fact less than cab fare from Ajax. Only place I will stay when going to airport on early departures.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The staff where very helpful and the rooms where clean.

The TV's need to be replaced with flatscreens. The was a bit of a wait for the elevators because the hotel was busy.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel itself could use some updating. The rooms were large and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Id stay here again. When i first arrive there were some issues with my faucet as well 1 lamp. I informed the front desk immediatly and they fixed the problem within a few minutes. I was very please.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

First night of arrival, I found bloodstains on my sheets. I also had to wait for my crib and microwave, which I had pre-arranged two nights prior. They were also going to charge me for the microwave until I put up a stink. Also, three days into our trip, the pipes in the bathroom started to leak all over the carpet, so we had to move into another room. While in this room, I again found bloodstains on my sheets!!!!! To top this off, the night prior to our departure (Thank God!), the firealarm was sent off because their was a small electrical fire in the elevator panel. Seriously, it went off at 12 am and we had to be at the airport for 5 am. I am not complaining about this because at least their firealarms worked but it just added to the our trip!!!! Don't stay here. There are plently off other reputable hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chasity D
RadissonSuite_Hotel, General Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport. We pride ourselves on providing clean accommodations and your feedback is being investigated at the highest level. Although this particular alarm situation proved to be a non-emergency, the safety and security of our guests is a top priority for us and all fire alarms are handled professionally.

Kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto Airport
Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre

Been to Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!