“Worked out very nice”

Ranked #42 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Brockville
“Worked out very nice”
Reviewed March 7, 2008

My wife and I were looking for a place where we could meet our brother in law for part of the day as well as meet her sister flying in near midnight. We like to watch hockey and have a few beers, so with several bar type restaurants just out front of the hotel it was pretty handy. We met up with my wifes son and girlfriend and the 4 of us had plenty of room in this pretty nice hotel. The beds are those sleep number ones(very comfortable). Lots of room. A fridge and sink came in handy and no trouble hooking to the internet or watching a great tv. For 4 people these rooms are pretty good and the hotel staff was very friendly and had no problems filling our special requests. No pool here.

• Liked — close to restaurants
  • Disliked — living room a little small
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank BrianMa
RadissonSuitesTO, General manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2008
Thank you for taking the time to give your thoughts on our property. Piam is a wonderful Concierge and a great ambassador for our Hotel, I am happy to see he was able to assist your during your stay. I will also make sure he is recognized for his service. Parking at all the airport properties ranges from 6.99 to 18.99 per night and we are at the low end of the scale. If an airport hotel is not charging for parking then the service is added to the rate and you would pay a higher rate weather you parked or not. We have chosen to only charge for services used.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Peter Kingsbury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Niagara Falls
Reviewed February 10, 2008

We used this hotel and a stay and fly option. Was a great deal! I could not believe the size of the rooms once we got checked in. We got 2 rooms on with a King and one with 2 doubles. The one with 2 doubles was far larger. They were clean and spacious.

There was a special area where we could leave our vehicles for up to 2 weeks. It actually worked out to be cheaper than the park and fly. You get 2 shuttles passes for there and back and each extra person is $6. Shuttle took about 6 minutes to get to the Airport. The phone number was on the tickets for the way back, called and we blinked and he was asking if we were the ones that called. Excellent service.

The Fox Bistro inside the hotel was a great little hotel bar as well and the service we recieved from Stanley was awesome. Going on a trip next month and going to use this hotel again,

• Liked — The size of the rooms
  • Disliked — nothing bad to say
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank THEHIPSTER
Milwaukee
Reviewed February 2, 2008

Stayed here in conjunction with a business trip next door at the Centre. Very nice hotel, with pleasant staff. The rooms were clean and updated, but showed signs of a lot of usage and wear. Not the end of the world there, though - it was still nice. The hotel is located within walking distance to many restaurants and shops - including subs, bar& grills, sushi, and fast food/donut shops.

I was excited to try the sleep-number bed they provide at this facility - and I could have done without it. It felt like I was sleeping on an inflated Ziploc bag - and I could not get comfortable any of the nights I stayed there (woke up sore in the back, honestly). I stayed at a dumpy Super 8 the next night on my way to my next location and got a better nights sleep with a traditional mattress!

All together, a very nice facility. I left knowing I was taken care of as well as with a mental note to not buy a Sleep Number bed for at home!

• Liked — Convenience to events and food services.
  • Disliked — Sleep Number bed
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Calgary
Reviewed December 26, 2007

Worked out great for our trip. Free internet, close to the airport and quiet spacious room. Sleep number bed was a nice touch.

• Liked — sleep number bed
  • Disliked — 7.95 / night to park
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
kingston
Reviewed October 12, 2007

Let's face it, you're at an airport hotel, so keep that in mind in terms of why you are there. I was there to attend a conference at the Congress Centre, which is right next door. Perfect! Parking is easy and accessible. Also, the suite format that the Radisson has is really comfortable with a separate sitting area, and lot's of work space. My room was very clean and quiet, as I know the hotel was sold out. Great beds!! My breakfast was included, but it was just adequate as a typical serve yourself hot/cold buffet with flustered staff running around trying to fill our coffee mugs. No big deal, as you are nestled in the same parking lot as typical airport chains (Milestones, Timmy's, Harveys, Subway etc) if you wish to eat elsewhere.

It got the job done, and it was perfectly located for the Congress Centre. Not a bad price either. I'll stay there again for sure.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank masi1
Buckhorn, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We were here for a trade show at the Congress Centre and booked into the Radisson due to its location (beside the Congress Centre) and excellent rate. Check in was quick and we got our room as booked, non-smoking executive floor with two double beds. Upon entering the room we were pleased with the large work desk and heavenly looking beds.

After we returned from dinner we were astounded at how clearly you could hear the planes overhead. When you stay at the airport you expect some plane noise (except at the Sheraton Terminal 3 where you hear nothing!) but this was rediculous. The executive floors are the top three so the lower floors my not hear them as badly. It continued through the night and then again early in the morning. When I called and asked if we would be under the flight path again for our second night I was informed the hotel is ALWAYS under the flight path!

I am surprised that the windows aren't better insulated. Overall the hotel is great, clean and comfortable but beware of the overhead noises!

• Liked — Size of the room
  • Disliked — Airplane noise overhead will likely keep me away from this hotel in the future.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank eatondogs
Arlington, TX
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Above average for a hotel geared at the business traveler, and so close to the airport. Nothing worth remembering in the lobby. The restaurant does a good serve yourself kind of breakfast witht he typical items which are very edible. Make sure to order a room with a sleep number bed. This made all fo the difference in the quality of your sleep.

Avoid rooms on the front and center of the hotel. The bright lights which illuminate the hotel at night will shine right into your room, and make it very bright at night. The drapes will close, but never quite far enough to block out the light.

• Liked — Sleep Number beds in the rooms
  • Disliked — Bright lights on the front of the hotel illuminate rooms at night
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business