“Sweeeet!”

Toronto Food Tour: Kensington Market Sweet and Savory
Ranked #5 of 46 Food & Drink in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Award-winning food and chocolate tours and home of the Toffle™ - treat yourself to our Kensington Market Sweet & Savoury Food Tour or Toronto's Ultimate Chocolate Tour. All tours feature behind the scenes experiences, tidbits of history and lots of delicious food, including an exclusive Toronto Truffle aka Toffle™, a decadent cross between a maple butter tart and a chocolate truffle. Plus, our complimentary neighbourhood guide and food concierge service will help you make the most of Toronto. Besides our regular public tours, we organize private tours of all kinds, including sweet & savoury options! Perfect for your birthday, bachelorette party, corporate outing or even marriage proposals. Our goal is to create a sweet & lasting memory for you and your loved ones.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I had the pleasure of going on a pre-launch Chocolate Tour a few months ago with Audrey, and even though it was the pre-launch tour, I was still very pleasantly surprised. Not only by the amount of knowledge and passion that she had for chocolate, but also by the passion of the owners for their businesses. The food was also amazing - my personal favorite was definitely Alimento - I have regretted not getting the chocolate in a jar many times, and will be back for that - and more!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had decided to try the Chocolate Tour with the lovely Miss Audrey Ooi, who I have been hearing about in the papers and articles in the past has peaked my interest. We’ve passed through several stores which were dedicated to making chocolate with a short introduction from the owner’s perspective on their passion to start their own business, along and with a brief history on how the chocolate is made. I had a pretty nice time despite the weather but the amazing free treats that we were awarded from each store had definitely been worth it!

Despite the website mentioning that there wouldn’t be a historical review, we got to hear a little on the history of Trinity Bellwoods Park. I guess my only complaint about the tour was just the moody weather.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our group of toured "The Sweeter Side of Kensington", visiting various bake shops and sweet shops. Our tour guide was, prompt, prepared, knowledgeable and interesting! Not only did Jess bring us to various establishments, but she provided background information on the history of sugar, chocolate and more. Her presentation was excellent. The tour was very reasonably priced for our group. Excellent tour, well worth it.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was my second time on a Tasty Tour in Toronto. The first time, I was lucky enough to go on the Kensington sweets tour a year back. This time around, I was pleased that it was even better than my first experience. Now, I myself nor my significant other are die-hard chocolate fans but we found that the amount of chocolate/samples on the tour was just the right amount. We were both delighted by our tour guide Audrey and her knowledge of dates/facts as well as the organization of the whole tour itself. I personally found that walking around on the tour helped me re-discover parts of Toronto that I myself had neglected in years past. I would recommend this tour for anyone (couples, friends and especially families with kids) visiting Toronto, or for fellow Toronto natives like myself. Take my word, it was money well spent!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Tour stops included 6 different destinations and samples at each stop. The desserts/sweets at each shop were delicious and all the history/trivia of Kensington Market, each of the stores and of sweets in general made the tour extremely interesting. This is probably one of the best ways to spend an hour I could think of.