“Mostly good with a few exceptions”

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 9,002 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Description: Near the Toronto Airport (Pearson).
Reviewed January 27, 2014

As a severe celiac I chose the Keg as I knew they had a gluten free menu and pay close attention to allergies. I was not disappointed as they were very attentive and gave me confidence they understood the dangers of cross contamination. The food did not disappoint - it was delicious. The hostess was not as exceptional - she clearly told me as a party of one the only place she would seat me was in the back area of the bar. I chose not to take offence but it was not the warm greeting you expect! The restaurant itself is a bit dated and worn but overall my experience was good.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Went there Saturday night for my sisters bday with some friends. They said about 30 minute wait. Went to the bar for a drink. - friendly, quick service even though the bar was packed. Asked for a booth and got that in less than 30 minutes. Our server was fantastic. The place was busy and she was very attentive. This is the second time I've ordered my steak "Chicago" style and I will only order that again on a NY strip - not the Oscar which I had on the weekend. Not the Keg's fault but wasnt the best on that cut. My sister received a BIG piece of cake with a sparkler thing on the house for her bday which was a nice touch. We were sooo stuffed - get the calamari as an app! YUMM. We were even able to take the unused wine home - didnt know the Keg did that. Maybe that's because we never leave wine! Nice. Had a great time. Just be prepared to wait and relax before you get seated for dinner on the weekend.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My colleagues highly recommended this restaurant and they know their steak! The scallops in bacon were good, the shrimp cocktail apparently better, but my prime rib was fabulous. I had it with a lobster tail and thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was okay in delivery with a pleasant waitress but she served from the passageway leading my colleagues to have to receive their plates themselves, rather than more properly serving at the table. The prime rib, however, could redeem anything!!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Food was fine but the decor is looking pretty tired. This Keg could use a makeover. Service was good and friendly. Convenient if you are staying at one of the airport hotels.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Staying at the Holiday Inn just down the road it was an easy 5 minute walk to this Keg.
It was refreshing to go to a restaurant that is not staffed by 20 somethings that have no clue how to treat a customer. Our server was friendly and efficient, top marks for her all around.
Myself and my collegues have been to several Keg's around the country. We were all in agreement that this was the best meal we had ever had at any Keg. We all had something different but it was all cooked to perfection...even the cocktails were excellent.
Judging from the reviews I think they hit the mark quite often. Highly recommend it.