“Great stay”

Ranked #54 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Great stay”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were visiting the Toronto Zoo so needed a hotel close by. We found this hotel to be just what we wanted. The staff were great about sending me clear and correct instructions as to how to reach the hotel by TTC ( public transit in Toronto) from Union Station.
The room was very clean and we enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Breakfast both mornings was good as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bejazzes
Timothy N, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing out hotel. We are glad we were able to help you enjoy your trip to Toronto and the Zoo. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The room was clean, the pool was nice, and we had free wi-fi, but the breakfast was seriously lacking. There isn't a lot of food choices in the area either, although we loved the Keg. We probably would have left after the first night and stayed elsewhere, but we an advance purchase rate, which was still over $100 a night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. I’m sorry you didn’t have a top notch experience at our hotel. We believe in our products, like you said: “the room was clean, the pool was nice”. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Toronto.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had a great experience staying at this hotel just recently.

Despite our reservation through Air Miles not existing, the front desk staff (? Madeline) was so kind in trying to find the reservation and providing a discount when we were unable to find the original reservation.

All staff at front desk, in breakfast room and housekeeping were very kind, friendly and helpful. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We pride ourselves in delivering excellent customer service, offering “kind, friendly and helpful” service. We hope to see you on your next visit to Toronto.
Western Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times and never had even a single complaint. It is handy to get to as it is at Markham and the 401. Noise in the rooms has never been an issue. The front staff on check in are great. The rooms are clean and not worn. The breakfast is one of the better ones you will encounter. I am staying here again this summer when I do my fishing trip in cottage country. I will stay at both the beginning and end of the trip. I highly recommend.!

Room Tip: If you think you will have a noise concern (I never had) stay on the backside away from the 401.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank awayIgo2travel
Timothy N, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. We're glad you recognize the things we do for our guests and we hope you enjoy your next stay with us! We hope to see you soon!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had a wonderful upgrade for my room. The two front desk staff people that I met were excellent, happy, helpful people. The pool, sauna + jacuzzi tub were great. I enjoyed the breakfast. the bed in the room with the jacuzzi tub was so hard. I could use a memory foam topper on the bed. The hot water took a long time to get to the shower (I don't know why?) The check out time is 11 am which I find too early. I think I could have asked for a later check out but I didn't want to have to ask. The Keg almost next door was a bonus. Perhaps Best Western is always check out at 11an but 12 noon would be better in my opinion, Thanks!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Timothy N, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback helps us improve and deliver superior customer service for our future guests! We're glad you enjoyed your spa getaway! We hope to see you again soon!
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I choose this hotel for the price and the easy access to the highway, It exceeded my expectations. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. When the weather forced us to change our plans slightly, they helped us to discover that we could take the Toronto Metro all the way from the hotel into downtown Toronto (which was great as we are from a town with 75,000 people trying to drive with over 2.5 million was a bit overwhelming).

The rooms were comfortable. There were only 3 of us so we had plenty of space and didn't feel as if we were "tripping" over each other. The fridge and microwave were an added bonus.

We did use the pool and hot tub while we were here, and while they were a little on the cooler side, it was quite refreshing after spending 10 hours exploring the downtown area.

Breakfast was nice and I loved that fresh coffee was always available down by the lobby. There are quite a few restaurants within a quick 5-10 min drive so dining options was not a problem.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know coming to Toronto and will definitely stay here again if my travels take me to this area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ChrisieLyn
Dear Chrisie Lyn,

Thank you so much for your kind and wonderful words. We are glad that you had a "great stay" at our hotel and in Toronto as well. We hope to see you the next time you're in Toronto!
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This was just an awful hotel, the customer serivce was discusting. Very small cramped rooms, uncomfortably warm in the entire hotel. This did not serve my needs at all for a stay during family vacation. When we decided to leave early that is when the front desk agent informed me they had placed a 400$ hold on my credit card, 200 per night. We left and went to homewood suites by hilton and had an absolutely wonderful stay. It was more pricey than best western but definitely worth every penny. I would not recommend this best western hotel to anyone

• Stayed April 2013
Timothy N, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Our rooms are not usually big enough for 3 adults and 2 children in one room as we are a small hotel. We usually recommend families that large to book adjoining rooms, which you declined. I feel your ratings on us are unfair since you didn't even stay at our hotel. However, your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.