Best Western Plus Executive Inn
$180
$169
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewstoronto zoobreakfast roomscarborough town centrekeg restaurantwaffle makerpool and hot tubhot breakfastfridge and microwavesofa bedeasy accesswould stay here againyogurtbeds were comfortableexcellent stayfree breakfastfront desk staffrenovated room
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Spent 14 hours in the hotel this past week. Everything was clean, check in was easy, pool and hot tub were family friendly. Easy check out, comfortable beds, fridge in the room, decent shower.

Breakfast included- typical fare- make you own waffles, bagels, croissants, toast, sausage, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juices, breakfast burritos.... All very good for mass produced.

We'd stay there again if we were in that area. Seemed like many places to grab a tie nearby, but we didn't take advantage of them since we there for limited time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hobby looks nice and recently renovated but I think my room was just ok. The hotel is located in an industry area, quite far from downtown, but the bus stop is not too far. If you drive, it's not very easy to find. The staff is pretty nice. The room price includes "full breakfast" but I think that its more like continental breakfast. I think that it's kind of expensive.

Two things that I am not happy with
1. The high speed wifi internet is VERY slow, (at least in my room), too the point that it's unusable.
2. Even though I paid the cost in full upfront, I found out that they still charged me $84 on my credit card. I called back to find out why. The agent cannot explain why and transferred me to the supervisor. I left a message, but the supervisor did not call back the next day. I called back again but the supervisor was on the phone. Finally he called back and we sorted it out. According to the supervisor, they accidentally charged some one else expense to my card. He apologized and said that he will refund the money right away.
How could this happen? no clue....
Just make sure to check your credit card transactions if you stay there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MontrealBen
Timothy N, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Ben,
We appreciate your comments about our hotel. 1. We have now upgraded our wifi since many guests commented about the speed of our old one. 2. Just as I had explained to you on the phone, the 2 credit card numbers had similar numbers, as do most Amex’s and they were processed right after one another. Due to human error, the receipts were accidentally switched. Thank you again for complimenting out nice lobby and staff.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had yet another great stay at the Best Western. Every family event in Toronto brings us to this particular Best Western and each time we have been very pleased with the accommodations. Our only comment this time was the wait at the front desk, both on arrival and departure. Since there is only one staff member on duty, he was multi-tasking; answering the telephone and dealing with individuals approaching the desk. A suggestion might be that the telephone takes a second seat to individuals standing at the desk. As well, perhaps the lay-out of the room for breakfast could be re-arranged so that families are not bumping into each other when trying to get food, beverages and places to sit.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. Thank you so much. We also appreciate your suggestions. We will definitely take them into consideration, especially since you are a repeat guest.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Best Western Plus Executive Inn in Scarborough, ON is decent. A bit on the high price for a typical Best Western in the suburb of Toronto.

Family of 4 stayed 2 nights at this hotel on a Family Package to the Ontario Science Centre. The package included only 1 night, and cost $119 an additional night for an outside-of-the-city hotel. Room was clean with typical 2 queens. Breakfast was included with the stay. The breakfast room was small to accommodate the number of guests in the hotel. It seemed chaotic every morning with long lineups for the (1) waffle machine. The hotel has a nice pool and hottub facility which located right off the main entrance. Check-in and out was quick. The location of the hotel is right off HWY 401 (East of Toronto). Easy to get to for any out-of-town guests who are new to the city. However being next to the busiest highway in the country there is a draw back - the noise. We noticed significant traffic noise in the room all day and night even with the window fully closed. Other than that the hotel is close to the attractions on the East side of the Toronto.

Room Tip: Stay away from hotels that are too close to the 401 unless you're ok with the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. While it is true that we are next to the highway, most guests find it quiet in our guest rooms. For those guests who have sensitive hearing, we suggest requesting a room on the south end. We hope you enjoyed The Science Centre and your trip to Toronto.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My family and I were visiting for a few days here in Scarborough and needed a place for 3 nights. Hotel was decent overall with friendly front desk staff and a comfortable king bed and 42 inch flat screen. Surprisingly there was damage to walls and carpet which I did not expect from an almost new hotel! Breakfast was included with the room and is my only complaint (other than the price of the room which is high considering what you get). The breakfast room is small and the staff rude. The one staff member was annoyed that our table and another family were still eating past the 9:30am "deadline" for breakfast and made it obvious to us that we were wasting her time! I dont think that the world will end if we take 15 mins more to finish our breakfasts. The following morning, food was running out by 9am and no effort was made to replenish. A firm NO was the response I got when I asked for an item. Scrambled eggs were not good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for complimenting our “friendly front desk staff” and “comfortable beds” I’m sorry to hear about your experience at breakfast and it’s definitely not the service we expect our guest to be getting. Thanks to your comments, we will be doing some retraining on our end. Sorry again for the way you were treated, we will have that problem corrected right away and we hope you give us a second chance.