“Good hotel at a Great Price”

Best Western Plus Executive Inn
Ranked #55 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Ontario
“Good hotel at a Great Price”
Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

MY Wife and I needed a 1 night hotel for an early appointment at the Scarborough hospital the next day. I did a search on Google maps, and found this hotel for $83.00 (internet only price, booked and paid online ) This included a 'full breakfast'. We were delighted with our stay. We arrived at about 7p.m. We were greeted with a friendly and proficient reception clerk and the lobby was very nice. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We slept great. There was some very low road noise from the 401 but it didn't hinder our sleep. The bathroom was also clean and everything worked. It was starting to show some aging (several small items re: paint chipping, small floor staining behind door, small counter chipping ). Breakfast was good not great. There was cereal, make your own waffles, danishes, hot scrambled eggs and sausage, lots of juices, coffee, and more; however eggs were a bit dry, and no skim milk. Our checkout went smoothly and friendly. Overall a good hotel, and good stay. It is very convenient to the Scarborough hospital.

Stayed March 2012
Timothy N, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your experience with our hotel. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience to you and other guests in the future. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Michigan
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Exactly what we needed. We were heading to the Toronto Zoo the next day. Less than 10 minutes from the zoo. Our room was clean. Breakfast was plentiful. Check in was easy. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your short straight-to-the-point review. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Toronto!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We booked a room near the end of March, Placed on a floor of some gymnasts team so they were all outside in the hallways drinking and doing somersaults all night. Elevator trip to the 3rd floor takes longer than me going up the stairs to the 5th floor and back down. If you make too much noise and you leave your room and come back the keys well be disabled and you will be stranded outside. We decided to leave at midnight to avoid any other pranks by the front desk.

Avoid at all costs this place is a dump and a few of the staff are the same.

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Gunnam
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience while you were here. While we appreciate your comments, we believe that just because a hotel is full, it doesn’t make it a “dump”. Our staff members are very professional and do not pull practical jokes on guests. Keys can only disabled by expiration or by contact with electrical devices such as laptops and cell phones, which was probably the case. Every guest is entitled to a quiet and restful sleep. Since we were not able to provide that, we hope that you give us another chance to redeem ourselves. When making your reservation next reservation, feel free to connect with me directly and I will personally assist you in the process. When calling the hotel directly, please ask for me at extension 187.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2012

A good hotel with big rooms. Service is friendly. But it is a high use property and is getting a bit shabby. Needs a renovation soon.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank jamesmorton
Timothy N, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Executive Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your compliments on our hotel and staff. In terms of your other comments, you actually caught us. We are in the process of planning upgrades for our facilities in the near future. So if you are visiting this side of the country again in a year or two, be sure to stop by in our “newer” hotel!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2012

This is an aveage hotel located near a major highway. Rooms were clean and staff were pleasant. Picked this location because it was close to where I was working. If you are staying at this hotel, you definitely need a car. Bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper as you're right by the 401.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Christiana0564
Original Posting Date: 23 November 2011: Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and for complimenting our staff. We try are best to keep the hotel's environment clean and friendly. We usually offer rooms away from the highway for those who are "light sleepers". Otherwise, most guests find all of our rooms very quiet. I will have to disagree with you about our hotel being "average" and "basic". The Best Western Plus Executive Inn offers an affordable option to travelers who do not need the extra services provided by full service luxury hotels. We hope you stay with us again since you work close by and we'll be sure you have a quiet room waiting for you.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 3, 2012

My mother is at the Scarborough General Hospital at the death bed of her husband. She's been staying in Downtown Toronto and commuting to the hospital everyday. I wanted to book her a hotel closer to the hospital and called this Best Western and spoke with the manager (10:30am Friday February 3rd 2012) who told me I could not pay for the room on my credit card unless I were going to be present at check in. I told him my mothers situation and asked if I could fill out a third party authorization form and fax or e-mail a front and back copy of my credit card and ID. He told me could only charge my credit card that way if it were a "business stay", not a "leisure stay" since my mom is at the hospital. I told him I'd like to re-book her reservation under "business stay", to which he said "oh yeah, what business?" and I replied "I'll pick any business in Scarborough" to which he said, "No you won't because I'll ask her for proof". I've canceled my reservation. I've made a reservation with Delta Toronto East who faxed me the third party authorization form with no problem. I can not express adequately my shock at the rude and heartless attitude of this best western manager. I hope this review deters you, the reader, from giving this establishment your business and money.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Vanessa B
Dear Traveller,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience trying to book a reservation at our hotel. Unfortunately, the policies of our hotel state that the cardholder should be present at the time of check-in, with the option of paying with cash or debit at check-out. We understand that our mandatory credit card policy is not a popular one at our hotel. However, we are still bound by the policies set forth by the owners and we can only respect and abide by them. We appreciate your feedback and we hope that you give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves. When making your reservation, feel free to connect with me directly and I will personally assist you in the process. When calling the hotel directly, ask for extension 187.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Clean rooms, uncomfortable beds!!!!! This is a very good hotel but the room we stayed in had a very uncomfortable bed and the breakfast ended at 9:30 which - because it was the holidays - was REALLY early - I missed it all but the last day of our stay because I could not get up early enough. It was the HOLIDAYS! The room service was good and very flexible. The road outside of the hotel was very slippery so be very careful when driving there during the winter months.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank browngirl0011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I will definitely share your comments with the rest of our staff and see if there is something we can do about having holiday breakfast hours and beds that cater to anyone’s preferences. We really appreciate your comments about being a “good hotel” and having “clean rooms”.