“Great thai delivery”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I ordered delivery from the Wellington location twice. Both times, I had to call a number of times before someone picked up the phone. However, once connected, the service was good. They gave an estimated delivery time and the food came at that time as promised. Food was fantastic with good packaging. Their curry was the best that I've had in Toronto. A great choice when I want to stay in during the Toronto winter.

There are newer reviews for Sukho Thai

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is in the midst of one of Toronto's most interesting experiments in social equity, mixing up people on middle incomes and young downtown-style professionals with newcomers on very modest incomes living in social housing. Food is considered one of the pillars on which the experiment will stand or fall. If there are more places like this, the experiment will flourish!
The food is good and simple and well-priced. Everything is clean and relaxing. There's lots of choice, and vegetarians will be very happy. It would be nice to have a few more items low in fat.
I was most pleased by the absence of pork and the high profile of halal. Many of the people who live here are Muslim. So Toronto Thai does not follow Thailand's Buddhist preferences, but honors Muslim neighbors. This fusion of food foretells a fusion of income groups in a common neighborhood.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Dined at their Wellington location with family. My favorite Tom Yang Gung was brimming with flavour and as per my preference the chef had made it really hot with extra thai red chillies. For a change unlike other Thai restaurants in town no sugar was added to this. All the other curries, the Mango salad, and the pad thai was very tasty. The service was very friendly and prompt. Thought my dinner this time was even better than last time and my daughter from NY was not disappointed.

The trudge from Markham was very worth it.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have ordered delivery from this place several times and it has always been much later than the estimated time. This last order was my very last. Despite always being happy with the food in terms of quality and taste, their terrible customer service completely overrides their good food.

Being a working mom and not having much energy left on a Friday night, I planned to order Sukho Thai for my partner's 35th birthday celebration as it is his favourite. We ordered right when they opened at 5pm and we were told the food would arrive by 6pm, we're about a 8 min drive from the restaurant on Parliament. The food still hadn't arrived by 6:30pm at which point I fed my toddler some leftovers because he was beyond hangry. All the while we kept calling from the cell phone that placed the order and no one answered. So I tried another cellphone, hmmm now the staff answers the phone. I inquire about the order, they say the driver left already they will phone him and phone me right back with an update. No return call after 15 mins. I called again a few times, same story, no answer. I tried another cell phone (oh did I mention I had some guests who also never be ordering from this place?). Hmmm, they answered with the new phone number. This time I was once again provided with conflicting answers as the staff passed the phone around about the status of my order. It's now 7pm and the delivery guy arrives at the door with what would have presumably been very cold food. Then he begins to explain that the receipt says 3 boxes of food and he only has 2 boxes with him. We say no thanks and shut the door. Thank god for Dr. Oetker pizza being on sale the previous week at No Frills because that's what we ended up eating.

NEVER AGAIN. And I will never recommend this place...In fact I still have a few other sites to post this review on.

1  Thank Erinn_MM
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Thai food may be my favorite cuisine (at the moment) but sadly, I'm used to being disappointed outside of NYC, San Francisco, and Seattle. My Toronto contacts & friends said this was a great place and they were right. (I went to the Wellington St location.) The service was a touch dodgy (though cheerful!) during the first visit and I was disappointed that they didn't have fun Thai-inspired cocktails like the top-rated Thai place in Toronto. But the food was fantastic. The red fish curry is the best I've ever had anywhere. In fact, it would be impossible to cook fish any more perfectly than this was. I came back here a couple days later (a taste-retaste test of reliability, as it were) and recommended the red fish curry to my friend, who marveled at how great it was. I ordered the house pad thai with shrimp and it was spicy and tamarind-y and delicious and the shrimp were mercifully not over-cooked, as is almost always the case at other restaurants. The decor is also warm and modern and contributes to a nice dining experience. I highly recommend Sukho Thai.