“Fast food done right”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Drove a good 15 min to get to the highway 7 location.

I ordered the holly chuck burger, their signature and boy did it feel like there was love put in to it.

Walking in to the place it gave me a fast food vibe, but the food we ate was straight out of a back yard BBQ with friends and family. Just delish.

There are newer reviews for Holy Chuck Burgers

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I am always on the lookout, as many are, for the very best burger in TO. FTR, I still am.

The good.
The meat, as advertised, is truly incredible. You really can taste the difference in quality meat cooked exactly as ordered. The burger-meat to bun ratio was a little low, but adequate. The condiments where fresh and novel. The ordering/cash was smooth and pleasant. The delivery was perfunctory and efficient.

The bad.
Some improvements could be made, in my opinion. The menu, while generous in its variety and option was way too confusing. It took us 10 minutes to decide. It also cost us almost $35 for two burgers alone. The quality/value ratio is way off. The patties could be larger - the buns smaller. When I want a burger, I want meat, not bread.

The soggy.
I cannot be apologetic about the white pasty bun. It is unacceptable in my opinion. It quickly becomes saturated with the fat drippings and became unpalatable (not to mention becoming unmanageable after 3 bites). I then tried to gulp my triple down as quickly as possible. It, and I, we're a mess. Unfortunately, for me, this was not the Shangri-La of burgerness that I had been looking for.

4  Thank SSL260
Reviewed August 12, 2014

-->This is for the Hwy 7 Woodbridge location.
I had Le croissant du paysan (cheese, pancetta, maple syrup, fries, fried egg). The croissant wasn't buttery & flaky but hard, and the pancetta was rather hard & chewy, so I was quite disappointed with that choice, it just didn't work. I wouldn't suggest it. But the Holy Chuck fries (bacon, cheese, vino chili) were so very delic. The chunks of carrots and the bay leaves in the chili were an unexpected taste sensation. I had the Reese's Pieces & Banana shake which was incredibly sweet, and I'm not sure how I feel that it wasn't thick.
My Mr. really enjoyed his Rise n' Shine burger & said the onions tasted like honey. I had to agree. But as far as he's concerned, he won't go back bc of their very high prices. There are plenty of other places you can get a decent big burger which includes fries for the same price, or less.
Go to Holy Chuck if you have an interest in trying their novelty hipster foodie menu items like burgers and fries with foie gras or truffles or bacon and sea salted milkshakes and nutella fries with ice cream. And if you don't care about prices.
The female cashier was very helpful and friendly.
Actually, so I thought about it, I prefer a thick milkshake.
(I had the $1.89 Harvey's shake the other day and was just as satisfied.)

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

So on my journey to find my favourite burger I stopped here. Still not sure
in this health conscious world, why high end burgers and fries joints are popping up everywhere, but everyone loves a good combo. Good menu for burgers. Love the fries. They have great taste and texture. The burger was good but I was turned off by all the grease and soggy bun. The meat had good flavour but not something I haven't tasted before at competitors. Worth a visit but not the best.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We are from Washington, DC, a place that is filled with hamburger centered restaurants. As a result, our standards are extremely high when visiting just another hamburger joint. In this case, our standards were well exceeded. The hamburgers had such an amazing flavor and I would definitely recommend ordered the caramelized onions with your burger. The shakes were amazing and I ordered the Nutella and Peanut Butter. If you are a tourist (like us), it definitely requires a little venturing out but we found it well worth it. In fact, we left a Blue Jays game early to get to this restaurant in time. Only thing I would criticize about this restaurant is that you have to order their deluxe speciality burger in order to get the "secret sauce." In addition, atmosphere is really basic and the place is kinda small. Otherwise, venture our like we did and prepare for some amazing memories in your mouth!