“Truly Holy”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Toronto
“Truly Holy”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Holy Chuck is truly a five-star burger place. Impossible? Apparently not. The restaurant itself is small, and in a tight location, which is a negative considering the mass amounts of people who come and go each day. Also, waits can be long when it is busy. However, the food makes up for it. The burgers themselves are great. The meat is soft, and cooked through perfectly. They have an awesome soda fountain, and the fries are also quite good. There are many menu options to choose from, however one can also order their burger as they like it. There also happens to be a burger with truffles and truffle oil... Wow. Holy Chuck is perhaps one of the city's best burger places (no, palaces), and I highly recommend a visit for a sweet dining experience.

• Visited March 2014

Wingham, Canada
“Hands Down - The Best Burger I've Ever Had!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I will begin with my complaint first, because I have only one. You need to move to a bigger establishment! There just isn't enough room for the hoards of people who want to eat here! We had to wait a while for a table (but not too long) and then ended up sitting on stools at the window. So....if you call that a complaint, there it is.

I was having a mother/son day to round out the March Break. Since my son LOVES his burgers, a burger joint seemed like the obvious choice. I did some Trip Advisor research and "Holy Chuck" is what I came up with. Great choice!

The burgers were being made on the spot....fresh meat pressed into patties, right before our eyes. They were thick and juicy and cooked just the way we liked them. One tip - if you don't like your meat still pink inside, ask for it "well done". Ours were perfect. My son chose the standard cheeseburger and I ordered "The Big Bad Wolf". Both were amazing. The fries were fine...but next to the burgers, they don't stand a chance.

The "Go Chuck Yourself Challenge" looked intriguing...but there was no way my son or myself wanted to end up on the Wall of Shame (which incidentally has way more photos than the wall of fame). One day I will bring my 16 year old and force him to try it. Haha!

Best burger I've ever had.

• Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Best burger in Toronto!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

After a couple of my friends told me to try it here I decided I had to go. From the first bite, I could tell that it was the best burger I have ever had! Since then, I have gone many times. Also, the atmosphere is very fun and it is a cool looking restaurant! Must try!

• Visited February 2014
“Worth the calories ”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We went to the new location in Vaughan. It was our first time there. Burgers were amazing. Fries and rings were good and the creative selection of deserts was to die for!!!!! Reasonably priced for a high quality casual fast food meal.

“Heart attack city”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Toronto burger tour continues.

Crowded restaurant. Table opens. Little space to order at counter. I sit, leaving my fate and fare in the hands of others.

They reach the table and place before me a burger, lonely on a large tray. I get to share fries. OK, OK, we all know I need to cut down the calories. I don't even try one of those shakes that look sooooo delicious, delectable, delightful....

Hey, a solitary fry stuck beside my burger. I don't question how it got there - I grab and eat.

Yikes!

So they got me the Raging Bull, replete with sauteed hot peppers and "fried in a homemade chipotle sauce". And that heat, that surprising heat, leaked onto my fry. Wow.

Let there be no doubt - this is a pretty good burger. But...rivers of grease meander across my tray's paper liner. Before I'm done, they are congealing. I fear for my arteries. But I finish my burger, slowly. It is filling. Those chest pains are probably in my mind. Sipping on my diet pop, I think forgoing the shake was wise.

I wouldn't make a special trip to come back to Holy Chuck. But, if nearby, and if feeling that my diet had been healthy lately, I can imagine returning.

• Visited February 2014