“Best Burger in TO”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 23, 2014

They have epically awesome options and the meat is incredibly fresh and juicy! The regular burger is delicious but the 100% bacon burger is out of this world. Since they use fresh ingredients you can have your burger done medium rare which makes it so tender that it melts in your mouth. Every time I eat here I am very satisfied both during and after the meal, which is not true at most burger places that make you feel like crap afterwards. Highly recommend you check this place out!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

You will know what I mean when you take the first bite. Its like oh my god!!!

One of the best burgers I've ever had...and I've had alot of them.
Fries/poutine are awesome as well.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Another addition to the upscale burger wars. The meat is ground in house and the fries are fresh cut and sprinkled with parsley and thyme with a lemon aioli for dipping. YUM. The signature burger is two patties with bacon, cheese and carmelized onions. For the more adventuresome there are a variety of burgers loaded with toppings and calories like the "go chuck yourself" at $19:99. Its six grilled cheese patties, triple bacon, onions stacked between three grilled cheese sandwiches. A real crazy challenge. The clogged arteries I don't need and I did not want to over chuck myself. For lunch we ordered the standard burger medium grilled as recommended. The soft bun doesn't contain all the juices so be carefull while devouring the burger. Two burgers with fries, onion rings and a milkshake can actually get to be quite expensive but worth a try. So have a Holy Chuck, you should like it!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

First note - we visited the new location in Vaughan.
Visit #1 - really, really busy! This location had only been open a few weeks and the lineup was out the door and we waited at least 10-15 to place the order, then another 50 minutes for it to be ready. they didn't have anyone regularly coming through the dining room to clear tables, so as a result, there was garbage and old food trays everywhere and the tables were gross. because it was so busy, people just grabbed any available seat anyway - take what you could get, but it wasn't nice.
The food is expensive - averaging $11 for a burger - the bill for 2 of us was $50. We had a burger each, shared fries, and each had a milkshake. Pricey lunch! The milkshakes are delicious, and the fries were pretty yummy too. Great gravy. The burgers were good but not out of this world or anything. They're very big and they've got some interesting flavour combos, but overall they were just ok.

Visit #2 - we've waited a few more weeks and gave it another try, hoping for better. We got there at opening (noon on a Sunday) so didn't have a long wait and the restaurant was clean of course. We each tried a different burger, had fries and rings, and another milkshake each. Another $50 lunch. Again, fries were good, rings pretty good and excellent shakes. Burgers this time were quite greasy. Mine was undercooked, so it got sent back for another. They do recommend 'medium' when you order, but I had asked for 'well' and it came to me pink, which I don't like in ground beef. When my replacement came, it was the wrong burger. They had remade my husband's, not mine. It was more well cooked, but not what I'd wanted. Had about half of it anyway. They didn't offer to fix it properly - the waitress just shrugged and said sorry when I told her. They brought new fries as well, as they'd been on the same plate as my original burger and it all got taken away. But the new fries weren't good - they were way too well done and weren't nearly as flavourful as the first order. By this time, I didn't bother saying anything.

We've been twice, had 2 disappointing experiences and 2 overpriced lunches, so don't think we'll be back. Well, maybe for a shake! But not for lunch. There are better burgers out there.

1  Thank SockBeek
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I rarely, almost never, give a 5 out of 5 rating as I like to give the business something to work for. So when I give a 5 out of 5 they have definitely earned it.

The main reason why I decided to try Holy Chuck was because of the burger challenge. Recently I have really been enjoying the gourmet burger joints that have been popping up all around the city. These burgers blow all fast food joints out of the water. The quality of the burger meat is very important as I like my burgers medium-well.

I went to Holy Chuck on my birthday this past year and decided to splurge and get “The Go Chuck Yourself” burger. In addition to the burger I got the “Grandma’s Apple Pie” milkshake. The challenge is to eat both of these in under 6 minutes. I wanted to enjoy the food and didn’t want to rush so I didn’t attempt to finish it in 6 minutes.

The burgers (6 of them) were very juicy and the toppings, which are very important, were fresh. I divided this monstrosity into two separate sandwiches. It was very satisfying. The milkshake was incredible. It was nice and thick (not to thick) and tasted exactly like an apple pie.

The location in Toronto is small but is a good size. The venue was clean and the staff was polite and quick. I definitely plan on revisiting Holy Chuck when I am down town and feel like a gourmet burger.

1  Thank cglof