“Great Burger Joint!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I rarely, almost never, give a 5 out of 5 rating as I like to give the business something to work for. So when I give a 5 out of 5 they have definitely earned it.

The main reason why I decided to try Holy Chuck was because of the burger challenge. Recently I have really been enjoying the gourmet burger joints that have been popping up all around the city. These burgers blow all fast food joints out of the water. The quality of the burger meat is very important as I like my burgers medium-well.

I went to Holy Chuck on my birthday this past year and decided to splurge and get “The Go Chuck Yourself” burger. In addition to the burger I got the “Grandma’s Apple Pie” milkshake. The challenge is to eat both of these in under 6 minutes. I wanted to enjoy the food and didn’t want to rush so I didn’t attempt to finish it in 6 minutes.

The burgers (6 of them) were very juicy and the toppings, which are very important, were fresh. I divided this monstrosity into two separate sandwiches. It was very satisfying. The milkshake was incredible. It was nice and thick (not to thick) and tasted exactly like an apple pie.

The location in Toronto is small but is a good size. The venue was clean and the staff was polite and quick. I definitely plan on revisiting Holy Chuck when I am down town and feel like a gourmet burger.

1  Thank cglof

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate at Holy Chuck twice while on our trip to Canada. The burgers are great and all of the ingredients they use are fresh. The fries and shakes are great too. The owner Bill and his wife were so friendly. We definately would go back.

1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The burgers are good, the meat is fresh, the ambiance of the restaurant is good, but they are small and expensive.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a clean, well though out burger joint that offers supreme offerings. A place not to be missed and yes, it can be on the pricey side for a burger but what a burger! You will not be disappointed with any of the products they serve. There seems to be plenty of seating each time I visit. This is a gourmet joint complete with a fois gras burger! There is a portobello version for those who choose not to eat meat. I have not tried it yet but if it is like their other offerings, I am sure it is excellent. This place is highly recommended!

1  Thank MaximumVelocity
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I'm glad I don't live in Toronto, because I'd be 300 lbs from eating at Holy Chuck every time I could. Visited here in September 2013, after wavering whether we wanted to eat here or at the Burger's Priest. We decided on Holy Chuck and were not disappointed.

My significant other had the Holy Duck. Skeptical that it would be worth the money, she was skeptical no longer after taking one bite. I believe she referred to it as a "magical unicorn princess burger" and proclaimed it as the best burger she's ever had.

I had the Cowlorie and it was incredibly delicious as well. Juicy, tasteful, just an amazing food experience.

The burgers are quite obviously not very good for you, but that's what makes them amazing.